Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My 95 Civic CX Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 95 Civic CX Project

For the past 2 years, i've owned an integra, and it brought me lots of fun, and good times, and that bitch was fast.

Now with this civic, i cant afford boost for a while, but i plan to change every other aspect of it before then. I still have a ton of parts from the integra that wont sell, so ill be using a lot of it.

Car:
1995 Honda Civic CX
white, blue interior
5 speed
94k when i bought it

as of now, the only things i have had a chance to do are to put the integra seats in it, and just do minor things like pulling the civic cx sticker off, got the windows tinted, and put some vision amber corners on.

Over the next few months:
Integra front calipers
Not sure of pads
Integra master cylinder
Integra brake booster
Stainless clutch hose
Stainless brake hoses
ES Bushing kit
ITR shift ****
b&m shortshifter
H&R Sport Springs
KYB AGX Shocks(both to soon change when i got money)
Bronze GSR Blade's
Falken azenis 205/50/15
b18b ls engine
dc sports 4-2-1 header
carsound 2.25" cat
2.25" catback
GSR Transmission
Clutchmasters 7.5lb flywheel
ACT HDSS Street clutch
GSR Front swaybar
Progress Rear bar

I wanna put an integra dash in, and retrofit the doorpanels(and swap wiring harnesses) so that i can fit the power locks(power windows dont matter to me)

If anyones got suggestions, comments, or constructive criticism, lemme hear it.

Ill be taking pics of it soon, and as i progress.

In the end, id like to have it either white, or silver, with some black exterior pieces, foglights from an SiR or something similar, and who knows what else.

Modified by My95SlvrBlt at 8:27 PM 2/17/2005
Old 02-10-2005, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice wish list.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Do you plan on All motor setup or Forced Induction?
Sounds like a good list so far.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Would be nice if it was a wish list, but i have all of those parts... So therefore, its my "to do" list. :-P

And for now, its just gonna be a stock motor setup, with the exhaust, and maybe a set of the crower 62403's sooner or later.

The only thing i have not done is paint, and i shall learn. I now have a welder, so im gonna experiment with chassis reinforcement.
Old 02-10-2005, 07:00 PM
2.7(p/t)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (My95SlvrBlt)

kennys car is SWEET.

gl

-s
Old 02-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My 95 Civic CX Project (My95SlvrBlt)

How about you let me buy it off of you...lol, I want a white cx(seriously I would)

Good luck with your project, and seems like a pretty good wish list

P.S. don't put the sunroof in the car, it is too much hassle and plus it will probably leak. I would say like 90% of aftermarket sunroofs leak. Even factory sunroofs leak, but I wouldn't even consider buying a car with an aftermarket sunroof.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: My 95 Civic CX Project (R33CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R33CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How about you let me buy it off of you...lol, I want a white cx(seriously I would)

Good luck with your project, and seems like a pretty good wish list

P.S. don't put the sunroof in the car, it is too much hassle and plus it will probably leak. I would say like 90% of aftermarket sunroofs leak. Even factory sunroofs leak, but I wouldn't even consider buying a car with an aftermarket sunroof. </TD></TR></TABLE>

its not a wishlish though.. just like he just stated... he has all of the parts, so theres no wishing to get them... if he added turbo to the list, then itd be a wish list...

but good luck on everything, i hope all the installs go smoothly... Sounds like youve got a good plan.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My 95 Civic CX Project (numbnuts22715)

well the turbo i had on my integra, but i sold the kit for dire need for money. The sunroof would be sheetmetal welded to sheetmetal, not like an aftermarket roof. I havnt decided for sure whether or not i wanna do it tho.

Altho, this morning, someone was about 6 inches away from rear ending me at like 45 and me at a stop today.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was surprised at the condition when i went to look at this car, had one noticeable dent on the rear fenderwell, but nothing big, and like 3-4 dings. The paint has SERIOUS swirls, but im gonna buff the **** out of it.

Altho, i did get hit on the driver side door making an illegal turn, and am in the process of painting the replacement i got.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:00 AM

is it a hatch?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (evilboituan)

yes, i dont like the coupes. Plus, this bitch has SO much more room then the integra, i can actually haul **** if i got to.

And the CX was only made in a hatch, along with the vx.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Suspetise...

Since it sounds like the car will be used for spirited driving/track duty, skip the sunroof. It'll add weight and raise your CG, neither of which are good for going fast. In addition to that, that's good to see you want to upgrade your brakes (I have sort of a brake fetish... ). The finishing touch to what you have would be a better-than-stock master cylinder and booster. Either the 15/16" or 1" would do it, and some SS braided lines if you feel like it, though honestly it doesn't seem necessary (on my hatch anyway).
Old 02-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I guess i forgot to mention in the original post. Im going to be using the brake booster, and master cylinder from my integra. I already have the proportioning valve out of a non abs full disc del sol to install at the same time. Hell, i still have the stainless braided hoses from my integra as well which i forgot to mention.

I learned a LOT from mistakes, and this time, im doing it right, or im not gonna do it. I am a bit unsure of the sunroof idea, but i do miss it. I guess ill just get used to it tho.

I plan on doing some exterior work on this, unlike the integra which was all go, hell with the rest.

In the end, hopefully ill have a car 100% my own taste, and will be nothing like any other hatch i see rollin around.

If i get time this weekend, ill take some pics of it, it looks like any other stock hatch, but i regret not taking pictures of the integra as i progressed with it.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Today i got the chance to get out, and take the rear trailing arms, lcas, swaybar, springs, shocks, and ebrake cables off of my integra.

I decided to go ahead and put the 2 gsr wheels that have good tires on the civic, while i had the oem wheels off to check the caliper mounting. Itll be one less thing to haul into work when i actually tackle all the brake and suspension work.

I also saw that im gonna need to use the rear portion of the front A arm, as i do not have any swaybar mounting on the stock civic arm.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Im trying to decide whether to use my gsr, or ls sway bar in the front, im leaning towards the ls right now, because with the progress rear, it was extremely predictable, and very easy to manipulate the car into going where i wanted.

Anyone got suggestions in either direction?
Old 02-14-2005, 08:09 AM

Good luck on your project!
Old 02-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Suspetise...

What sizes are the two bars?
Old 02-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

santa guna hate you if your good this year
Old 02-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sscguy)

LS is 22, and gsr i BELIEVE is 23 or 24, same as itr. My rear bar is a 22mm progress, and on the integra it was more rear biased, but seemed to be an unbeatable combo, however i dont know about the gsr bar because i never drove on it. I know i need to buy 2 new endlinks, and theyre 50 bux a pop from acura. And my ES bushing kit has bushings for the ls bar sooooo.......
Old 02-15-2005, 03:05 AM
Suspetise...

If you have the bushings for the LS bar, try that first. I don't think 1 or 2mm will be that big of a difference, but you'll find that the hatch will get tail-happy a little easier than the integra did (at least for me it's that way), so a big rear/small front bar combo may not be ideal.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sscguy)

h&r sport springs, and kyb agx shocks installed.

All rear sway mounting installed-no bar on yet(seemed to wanna hit the line into the wheel cylinder)

All rear bushings done(waiting to put trailing arm from integra on, and ALL bushings in back will be new)

This weekend, the rest is to be completed, engine, trans, swaybars, integra brakes.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What Cluster r u going to used?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

did u wreck your integra and salvage some parts for use with the civic?
Old 03-02-2005, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B16aDasher)

Funny you ask, i just bought an si cluster... Im gonna see if the integra speedo will work with it(i have not even compared the two, so i could be WAY wrong)

And yes, i totalled my integra, and salvaged a few things like the suspension, and rear sway, and driver side knuckle other then that, i had **** laying around, or i just used integra parts to save me the trouble of taking apart and doing swapping.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

do you have any pics of the bronze rims (fat 5s?)

i have fat 5's and i've never seen them in bronze, but i can't imagine that it would look good, mine are gunmetal. BUT i really want bronze rims.

Quick Reply: My 95 Civic CX Project