Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My 94 vtec del sol...Going for BIG HP...!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 94 vtec del sol...Going for BIG HP...!!!

This is a thread i'm starting as I progress through the rest of my build. The car is a 94' Vtec del sol, original Florida car. As it sits it currently has:
-full msd set-up
-built bottom end (eagles, cp 9:1, darton mids)
-SLS topmount (in the process of fitting and finishing)
-2.5" exhaust
-etc.etc.etc...lol
Front end

Is that 220km/h, must be what some call "ubber rare jdm cluster"...lol, just another piece 2 me.!!!

engine bay now

with the Precision sc61 snail (goal is 600whp)

and my set of prized headlights (1 of 3 known in U.S.)-These lights were brought in from overseas by an oriental guy and he brought 10 sets. Buddy of mine called and said they were the ones I'd been
looking for the past 3-4yrs when I have my other sol. So I call the guy and he tells me he has one set left that 7 sets were going to Paraguay(sp.?) and knowing my buddy bought 2 sets for himself I bought the last set.
I know they look like the ebay one's everyone buys but there's one thing that sets them apart and its the lack of the silver on the outside of the amber corner which is black in the "true jdm" ones pictured here.

Rollin on TSW volcano wheels, way too expensive, quality rollers tho...

Side shot, car hasn't moved in 3months, so its dirty as **** but its almost mint!

*All in all the car is far from being done, but i'll be updating as I progress through with stuff like:
-full wire tuck, all 3"vband exhaust and dp, 2.5" aluminum tin-nickle plated vband charge piping, re-spray engine bay, new paint, catchcan installation (running a Greddy set-up, just gotta put it in),
build head and install my Comp. stg.III turbo cams, polish compressor housing on the sc61 (maybe tin-nickly plate like piping), all red anodized nuts in valvecover, fender bolts, etc. and a million other things.
Just glad I've already done a stg.4 Competition clutch.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My 94 vtec del sol...Going for BIG HP...!!!

nice.
so is your question ?
Old 08-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

holy crap ego trip lol....

congrats on the build but dont you think your trying to rub your super jdm parts in everyones face a bit much lol??

but its ok... kudos... no... E-props for you my friend...
Old 08-08-2009, 12:07 PM

LeLand, Great looking Del Sol. I have always loved the looks of them, and it always wants me to slide in to get one, but deep down inside i can never do it.. too small for me :D
But i do love those headlights, congrats on those rare find really shows that someone has a true passion for these cars, and will go that far for a REAL japanese domestic part, not a knockoff ebay item.
Take care, and if you add anything else, keep us posted. I would love to see more of your del sol's pics around!

Cheers!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

masuya_04:thanks for the compliments...Its a work in progress. i actually finished it up and drove it 2hrs away to dyno and it didn't go so well. Its currently going through a reconstruction. I'm doing away with the fmic and going with an atw set-up. I am also going to be pulling the motor soon and taking it for new paint which i'm thinking a dark blue flake and black bay. I'll tuck the harness then and get everything taken care of and documented as time allows. Been working on too many other cars and since its not very nice anymore i've put this one aside for now. Shame it didn't even see more than a couple hundred miles this summer...