Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

my 92 si horror story... need engine please.... (56k no no)

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 92 si horror story... need engine please.... (56k no no)

WTB 92-95 D series engine

hi all you honda-tech people

okay i posted in the classifieed looking for any obd1 d series engine. that forum is way too fast.. and if someone actually has one.. im sure its just sitting in their garage collecting dust.. they arent out looking for WTBers. o yeah please dont yell at me and call me a noob. i guess i registered one year ago... so i dont consider myself a noob, i know where to post... but that forum didnt help me any and i need this ASAP

okay so yeah the horror story... if you care--
stupid d16z6... when i bought the car it was slow as ****.. before that i had only driven my 87 hyundai excel.. so it seamed hella fast so i bought it. then it just was getting slower... even my friends stock tercel was faster... then 3 months ago the engine finally died. loud noises. LOUD. ran like ****... all these grinds. the motor would rock back and forth like an inch in the bay when i revved. then it just wouldnt even start.

im poor.. have had other expences other than getting car to work. so it just sat there while i used my hyundai. then a week ago my hyundai broke. it started making all these loud noises and running like crap. so now im rideless... no ride for fun. no ride to school. no ride to work. nothing. so i need a car working now.... so does anybody have a spare D15 or anything that they swapped out just laying around in southern california? ill pay and pickup. PLEASEEE im pretty sure all i need is the engine.. i can use my transmission (but would glad to have one that didnt grind.. even if it was a CX tranny)... i think i can use my p28 on a dx/vx/cx engine, so i dont need ecu. i got axles.. and yeah everything i should need..

here are some pictures so hopefully you can sympothize/empothize with me...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg i pulled the broken engine last month.. there she is...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg this has been where shes been sleeping...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg under the hood.. literally....

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg my ride while my hatch was broken... now stupid gray hyundai is broken too...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg empty... see my broken corner too? =[

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg the good old days when she worked...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg sigh...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg after a trip to my moms house in the desert...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg taking out the broken engine...

so yeah... please someone in socal have a spare D series engine that they can part with.. my life has gone to hell without my baby.

thanks for your time

cliff notes: my car has been dead. temporary car died. need ANY spare junk engine asap in socal to get my baby running again... thanks
Old 02-08-2004, 02:03 PM

holy moley
Old 02-08-2004, 02:08 PM

nice jackstands
Old 02-08-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: (honda-tech'er)

thanks.. took me forever to get the car on those wood stands using only 1 small jack.. took like 2 hours to get the car high enough to get it out..
Old 02-08-2004, 02:10 PM

Default Re: (honda-tech'er)

WOW i dont have a motor for u but heres a bump
Did u take that motor out the bottom?
Old 02-08-2004, 02:18 PM
egizzle8

Default Re: (piggs)

Oh man! Those pieces of wood to hold up your car is scary! Bump for a hurtin' *** homie! Whats all bad with the engine? Why don't you just get a d15 or d16 block and just slap that head on it. Hell your in Cali, it's like land of the swaps there and you could find one pretty easy. I've got a 1.5 block just chillin in my garage but too bad I'm in WI.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:25 PM

Default Re: (egizzle6)

BUMP help this kid
Old 02-08-2004, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: my 92 si horror story... need engine please.... (lazynok)

Have you every hear the words Jack Stands before.
they are your friends btw
Old 02-08-2004, 02:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How often do you change your oil? There sure is a lot of varnish on that head.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Risky Business

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

order a jdmd15b longblock from hmotors...or find a shop local that sells motors
Old 02-08-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Re: (egizzle6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by egizzle6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh man! Those pieces of wood to hold up your car is scary! Bump for a hurtin' *** homie! Whats all bad with the engine? Why don't you just get a d15 or d16 block and just slap that head on it. Hell your in Cali, it's like land of the swaps there and you could find one pretty easy. I've got a 1.5 block just chillin in my garage but too bad I'm in WI. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont know whats bad with it... and i cant find a block or nothin... my mechanic uncle said its probobly my head thats bad.. but he lives in idaho so he doesnt know for sure. i come here looking for a spare block or engine or whatever. i know im in cali.. but i dont kno where to look.. all shops cost money... hoping to find someone with one collecting dust. gotta find something so i can work and get money for something good...

heres more pictures cause im bored with nothing to do and nowhere to go...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg homeade jackstands... wonderful cause of their "variable height"....

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg put some metal bars in the front just for added support.. cause its gonna be up there for awhile....

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg my drive way is a grave yard. my causins broken plymth grand voyager... and my 87 hyundai excel...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg better view....

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....D.jpg damn i wish i looked for a better car rather than this one. i only got this one cause i LOVE blue and it had ac... if i only looked around harder i wouldnt be in this mess...

ran out of stuff to take pictures of..
Old 02-08-2004, 02:32 PM

Default Re: my 92 si horror story... need engine please.... (Jim Truett)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jim Truett &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How often do you change your oil? There sure is a lot of varnish on that head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol
Old 02-08-2004, 02:33 PM

i change oil good.. but the car had 220,000 miles on that engine.. and yeah i guess that might make it black
Old 02-08-2004, 02:38 PM

This is just crazy ness
Old 02-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you ever actually figure out what went wrong with your motor?could be something that wouldn't require an entirely new long block.i've got a few D15s laying around,but i'm all the way across the country.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i change oil good.. but the car had 220,000 miles on that engine.. and yeah i guess that might make it black</TD></TR></TABLE>
my Z6 has almost 300K miles on it.still runs great and looks pretty clean inside-and i only get around to changing the oil maybe every 6K+ miles
chris
Old 02-08-2004, 02:40 PM

Default Re: (lazynok)

wow...the hatch looks so clean...someone help this poor man/hatch
Old 02-08-2004, 02:45 PM

Default Re: my 92 si horror story... need engine please.... (TeamNextGenChris)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeamNextGenChris &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">did you ever actually figure out what went wrong with your motor?could be something that wouldn't require an entirely new long block.i've got a few D15s laying around,but i'm all the way across the country.

my Z6 has almost 300K miles on it.still runs great and looks pretty clean inside-and i only get around to changing the oil maybe every 6K+ miles
chris</TD></TR></TABLE>

damn i wish i had your luck with your 300k engine... mines been nothing but probbles. probobly from that head too. if theres one thing i knew how to do (and only one thing before i pulled the engine) it was change oil. the previous owner even hooked up his apc intake wrong (the tubes were like.. connected to nothing with breether hole thing open), so i guess he didnt take good care of it either

----------

ahhh why must all the d15s be so far =[
Old 02-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedHackBatch)

wow I wont go under that thing bump for you
Old 02-08-2004, 02:46 PM

Bump for a sad story
Old 02-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Vice President/CEO

Default Re: (RedHackBatch)

seriously dood.. if i paypal you $20 will you go get some jackstands!?!?

THat is just not safe at all. Buy jackstands, PLEASE.

Give me your paypal address... i'm totally not joking.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:49 PM

Default Re: (kKdARIAN)

naa its coo man. i really dont wanna deal with changing the wood to jackstands. dont waste money man, its hard to come by, for some of us. i like my wood stands... i think they'll hold up... smashing wood flat is kinda hard...
Old 02-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Vice President/CEO

i've got the extra $$ and i'm all about helpin people out...

that seriously looks like a total death trap.

thats a damn termite dinner buffet right there.
Old 02-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lazynok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">naa its coo man. really dont wanna deal with changing the wood to jackstands. dont waste money man, its hard to come by, for some of us. ...</TD></TR></TABLE>
that's definately not a waste of money.how much is your life/limbs worth?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i like my wood stands... i think they'll hold up... smashing wood flat is kinda hard</TD></TR></TABLE>
smashing wood is kinda hard,but knocking over a stack of 20 pieces of wood isn't.
chris
Old 02-08-2004, 02:55 PM

Default Re: (kKdARIAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kKdARIAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">seriously dood.. if i paypal you $20 will you go get some jackstands!?!?

THat is just not safe at all. Buy jackstands, PLEASE.

Give me your paypal address... i'm totally not joking.</TD></TR></TABLE>

For your own sake, get some real jack stands
Old 02-08-2004, 02:55 PM

i know limbs and such are worth more... but swapping out those blocks will take like 4 hours... n they held up for a month so far.. i even kicked they.. theyre pretty sturdy.. thanks lots anyways

Quick Reply: my 92 si horror story... need engine please.... (56k no no)