Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

My 2nd EG, Future Plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My 2nd EG, Future Plans

its a 92 cx with a b7/z6 mini me swap. Wired for vtec completely, just needing a p28. I got it for $2400 off some 16 year old kid who was on the title with his mom. They wouldnt budge on the price cuz she spent all the money to fix up his car.

My plans are to sell the sparco seat, hopefully pick up a set of crx si seats or some dc seats. Get rid of these fogs for at least a cleaner set, possibly oem sometime soon. Window visors is a must in an eg, that sun always seems to be at the top of the window!

I might be needing some help making sure everything is actually wired up for vtec, i havent had a chance to fully take a look at this thing. The car came with the following goodies all included in price.

-Sparco driverseat with rail
-Rims (im drawing a blank of the type of wheels they are)
-KYB AGX's all around
-Fog lights
-Brand new HIDs already installed.
-Kenwood deck with Alpine speakers, wired up for amp.

There are a couple of cons, though.

-CD player is for some reason wired in with the headlights, dont ask.
-Passenger sidemarker doesnt work. (havent checked why)
-CX cluster, so no tach, BUT there is a dash mounted tach which works very well.
-Code 10, IAT sensor, $20 fron Honda so no big deal.
-Temp gauge stays below the C while driving, it moves up to about 1/4 at idle, then slowly DROPS when i start driving.
-White smoke every so often AFTER idling for a few minutes. (in traffic, taking off)
-Bouncing rpm from 500-1000, probably associated with the IAT, i have an open nipple on the right side of the IM, near the firewall.
-The throttle cable seems to be from the CX, its a little loose at the trottle body.

Other than that i believe this was a very good deal. Most of the problems are just minor ****.
Attached Images   
Old 02-08-2010, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My 2nd EG, Future Plans

the wheels look like axis old school
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a good looking eg, is that carbon hood or just painted black? you should paint the center section of the grill back to flat/satin black. plug that open nipple and should cure your bouncing idle,i believe the iat, will only effect idle when cold. sounds like the thermostat is stuck open or has been removed and thats why it's running cold
Old 02-08-2010, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 98greensi
thats a good looking eg, is that carbon hood or just painted black? you should paint the center section of the grill back to flat/satin black. plug that open nipple and should cure your bouncing idle,i believe the iat, will only effect idle when cold. sounds like the thermostat is stuck open or has been removed and thats why it's running cold
Thanks man, like i said i havent had time to do anything to the car. I took a chance this morning driving it 45 miles to work, it made it easliy, just a little white smoke once i was in traffic but thats all. The smoke doesnt effect the idle/acceleration which is weird.

That open nipple, there wasnt any OTHER open nipple to run a line to, so i'll try just blocking it off. I'll check the thermo also, my radiator is topped off and so is the overflow. It hasnt even dropped down any which is weird.

Oh its just black, with a black roof.

EDIT: im not a complete idiot, i added some oil and checked the coolant before my long *** drive.

Last edited by 4g4dcruisin; 02-08-2010 at 08:34 AM.