Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Multiple codes? what happened? please help! gotta get to school!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiple codes? what happened? please help! gotta get to school!!!!!!!!!

hi guys,
Im going up this big hill and my car starts freaking out. i got a 92 cx with a dx motor recentle swapped in it. my car started backfiring like crazy and then cut off. i pull over, look under the car and am very relieved to not see a mess on the ground. it is very hard to start; i have to floor it. it eventually catches on after like 10-15 sec's and the car will start. it idles extremely rough, and the weird thing is, THE REVLIMITER IS SET AT 3K????? Any ideers? i checked the codes,but im not sure what it means bcause ive never had to check before.

It blinks 1 time,PAUSE blinks 4 times, PAUSE blinks 9 times Pause, then 1 long bright time.......

it then repeats that sequence over and over. whats up?

i know there will be 100 people to talk smack and tell me to search, but im hoping there is at least 1 that can help...PLEASE.

thanks and God Bless...
r2
Old 08-24-2004, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Multiple codes? what happened? please help! gotta get to school!!!!!!!!! (whitelightnin)

Here are what the manual says about your codes:
1 fast blink- Heated o2 or o2 sensor
4 fast blinks- crankshaft position sensor
9 fast blinks- No.1 cylinder position
1 long blink(=10 fast blinks)- air intake sensor

I'd check all your fuses, if that doesn't fix it check your connections for the wire harness at the distributor, iat, and the o2. Finally swap out the distributor because two of the codes are directly related to sensors inside it. Hope this helps. Larry
Old 08-24-2004, 08:11 PM

Default Re: Multiple codes? what happened? please help! gotta get to school!!!!!!!!! (B18C4-T)

thanks man.
my dizzy is making a clicking sound now that i listen closely to it....
im doing a mine-me soon so ill be upgrading to a vtec dizzy anyway

do you know which sensors control the hot-cold on the gauge cluster, bcause that aint working either

thank you SO much for the quick reply!!

Old 08-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Multiple codes? what happened? please help! gotta get to school!!!!!!!!! (whitelightnin)

For the dizzy check and make sure that the rotor is on there ok, if that feels ok then pull the dizzy off and spin it by hand to see how the bearings feel.

The temperature gauge sending unit is the small plug under the distributor. It's the one that has a round push plug(sort of like a butt connector). Let me know if you want a pic.

Larry
Old 08-24-2004, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Multiple codes? what happened? please help! gotta get to school!!!!!!!!! (B18C4-T)

yeah problem for the code 4 is within your dizzy
Old 08-25-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: Multiple codes? what happened? please help! gotta get to school!!!!!!!!! (egb18turbo)

thanks guys,
got a new vtec distributor on the way.
was gonna wait a while to throw the vtec head on , but i might as well do it now
i took the distributor apart, everything looked good, w/ new cap&rotor. when i put it back together there was no clicking or anything but im still getting the code 4.

i found the temp sensor, thank you...

so everything is good now

EXCEPT, ne one know if a 106tooth belt will work with a mine me d16z6head with d15b7 block. im not sure what model its for i just know it has 106 teethe. everyone always argues about which to use. i know the "massive mine-me" writeup says to use the d16z6 belt, but others say zc belt. n e one know how many teethe the d16z6 belt has?

thank you all for the help
Old 08-25-2004, 01:19 PM

if theres anyone that knows much about distributors, please take a stab at this.
When i pull the wires off of the dizzy, each is getting a spark; so what is going on that gives me an EXTREMELY rough start up and Idle? also, why is the revlimit set at 3K????
Old 08-25-2004, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The 3k is your ecu in safemode.

The rough startup and idle is the code 4. The crankshaft position sensor is firing on the wrong cylinder at the wrong time. Check your plug wires and make sure they're in the right order. Also, try putting cyl 1 at tdc and then pull your cap off, look and see if your rotor is pointing at the location you have the plug wire for cylinder one at. Larry
Old 08-30-2004, 02:49 PM

thanks guy.
1 more ? for da pro's. is the tdc sensor in the distributor interchangeable between a non-vtec, and a vtec dizzy???
thanks again
Peace and GOd bless
Rob
Old 08-30-2004, 03:07 PM

bump just cause i love when a thread actually helps someone out completely without flaming, u guys are great for helpin him out
Old 09-03-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Multiple codes? what happened? please help! gotta get to school!!!!!!!!! (99CivicExCoupe)

thx man
is the tdc sensor in the distributor interchangeable between a non-vtec, and a vtec dizzy???