Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Muh Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muh Civic

I bought an EJ coupe awhile back for my first car. It had some front end damage, but definitely drive-able and it has a clean title. And a decently running single cam. We replaced the bumper/fenders/hood. But Ive basically had the worst luck. I got in an accident about a few months back (Some broad caused it) and flexed my bumper. So I need a new bumper. Also when we first picked it up, the core support is bent so we couldnt get a hood latch on it so we bungeed the S out of it and it flew up on the highway when I was racing a GSR Hatch with Vtec not wired up. Shattered my windshield and bent the S out of my brand new hood. So ive really lost ground in this car.

My real question is more of asking for opinions. Should I even attempt replacing/fixing the Core support. Or when I get my hood and bumper (hopefully tomorrow) just grab Sparco hoodpins off of Sparcousa.com or should I actually attempt to run the hood release line and fix the core support for a hood latch.

I have no idea how reliable hood pins can be, or if they're legit or not. Thats why Im asking your guy's opinion.

Thanks for the help guys.

Keep up the street ricing!
Old 07-29-2007, 11:59 AM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: Muh Civic (SparCoUSA)

just bring it to a bodyshop and get a quote to have them replace the support, then ask yourself "is it worth it"
Old 07-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Ive actually thought about doing that. But I have several people in my crew that know welding and work on EG's all the time. So if anything I could buy a core support and have them put it on. I was just wondering if 35 dollar hood pins would just be an easy fix
Old 07-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with JJSpecTuning - get a quote on how much the rad support will cost. Then play it from there.

No offense man...but hoodpins aren't exactly the answer to a hood you can't close.....but then again, neither is a bungee cord... The regular latch will hold fine - and it'll aim up fine with the hood after you get the rad support pulled out a bit.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Alright thanks guys, I was just wondering if it would be a cheap way out haha. But I will most likely listen to your guy's advice.