Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mugen Twin loop review (EK hatch)

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen Twin loop review (EK hatch)

Tonight, I finally got off my lazy butt and installed my new Mugen twin loop catback system. Coming from the Apexi N1 (with custom axle back piping and a Tanabe RM B-pipe), i will have to say the mugen is much better for the street. The exhaust is extremely quiet and my butt dyno tells me that i didn't loose much HP compared to the old setup. I later confirmed this when i did a pull with my friend's ITR powered hatch and we were quite equal. The exhaust is so quiet that i can hear wind noises etc. The powerband has also gotten smoother. Dunno how that came about but the powerband is definitely smoother.

Now the down side. This system was made for a EK9 which came with factory rear lip. Since Mugen had to make it so it can clear the rear lip, the tip hangs a little too low and kind of sticks out. But adding a rear lip will definitely improve on the looks. Also, the resonator on the b-pipe is HUGE!!! It was almost the size of my N1 canister before and i kid you not! It sits so low that i know i will mush it up on a speed bump one day. Poor mugen.

Another cool thing that i learned was that with a JDM 4-1, JDM ITR cat, and the mugen twon loop for the EK9, everything bolts up nicely! I will post pics of the exhaust tomorrow morning when i have more time.