Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust

Hi I got a del sol and it came with a twin loop exhaust and I was wondering if it is a real mugen one.. I looked under the muffler there is a rectangle badge and its scratched up under there but this is what I can make out is "Power" (as in Mugen Power) and under that there is some sort or number MU then numbers. Here is a pic of the tip

ps: I am not sure if this is the right section to post it in..

Old 03-24-2007, 07:35 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, that's fake.

This is real:

Old 03-24-2007, 07:38 PM

o I thought there were 2 designs from mugen ?
Old 03-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Eran)

eran this is incorrect. the early first run twin loops had left over tips from the prior muffler system that mugen used on the twin loop design.

if you want to be sure its real look for the badge on the bottom. you cant really tell just from the tip.

the badge will have alot of information, clean it and see what it actually says
Old 03-24-2007, 07:39 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (cxSHOE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">eran this is incorrect. the early first run twin loops had left over tips from the prior muffler system that mugen used on the twin loop design.

if you want to be sure its real look for the badge on the bottom. im more than certian that the seller can take a photo of it... if they cant then you dont buy it

if the seller wants to sell it they will make the effort to take a clear photo of the twin loop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Was not aware there were two versions of the TL .... the old one is ugly
Old 03-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jit01)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jit01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">o I thought there were 2 designs from mugen ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

there are but is only the tips

the rounded version like erans is the second run (mostly in japan, and the states got the left over tips)
Old 03-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Was not aware there were two versions of the TL .... the old one is ugly </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea lol but those are even rarer than the rounded ones

Old 03-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Hey this exhaust is on my car right now... It came with it when I bought my car. Also I think my tip looks better than the new style

Anyways I raised my car and looked under it and there is a rectangle badge and its scratched up all I can make out is writing that says Power and under it there is like a serial number thing that says MU then there are numbers. I don't know what else to look for I am assuming this is real as all the replicas I looked at don't have the same tip as mine..
Old 03-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jit01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Hey this exhaust is on my car right now... It came with it when I bought my car. Also I think my tip looks better than the new style

Anyways I raised my car and looked under it and there is a rectangle badge and its scratched up all I can make out is writing that says Power and under it there is like a serial number thing that says MU then there are numbers. I don't know what else to look for I am assuming this is real as all the replicas I looked at don't have the same tip as mine.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

if you can get some polish, polish any of the welds, you can clearly see the workmanship in the welds.

also look at the axle back flange, what does it look like. take a photo. mugen used very specific flanges aswell.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:54 PM

the first one is a real mugen.. its the early of the second design as stated.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen Twin Loop Exhaust (jit01)

also im not entirely sure on the early run version (im pretty sure), but you should have two stamps or tags welded on the muffler canister. about 1" apart

1 is the mugen tag and the other is the jasma tag. there should always be two, since it has to be certified under jasma test specs and mugen always puts a tag for their company...
Old 03-24-2007, 07:55 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by cxSHOE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you can get some polish, polish any of the welds, you can clearly see the workmanship in the welds.

also look at the axle back flange, what does it look like. take a photo. mugen used very specific flanges aswell.</TD></TR></TABLE>

o ok I will take more pic's tomorrow. Any pic's of the flanges ?

ps: I will clean it off and try to see if I can read the rest of the writing like I said its pretty scratched up around there.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jit01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

o ok I will take more pic's tomorrow. Any pic's of the flanges ?

ps: I will clean it off and try to see if I can read the rest of the writing like I said its pretty scratched up around there. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no photo of the flange, did you check the b pipe? that will have specific flanges, and design aswell.

do you see two tags? similar to this. the writing may be different along with the numbes but you should have two separate tags about 1" apart.

Old 03-24-2007, 08:12 PM

Hi no mine just has 1 rectange badge like yours (same shape as your first one that says mugen)

So I went outside with the flashlight and used my fingers to clean that area up and to my surprise I can see the mugen logo (that jap writing) but there is no second tag that says jasma that I can see right now will update tomoro tho

ps: Now I am keeping this exhaust I was going to change to a greddy evo 2 lol..
Old 03-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Any idea what the exhaust is worth ? its confirmed real
Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jit01 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Any idea what the exhaust is worth ? its confirmed real </TD></TR></TABLE>

400 here: http://www.hondamarketplace.co...02671