Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mugen pedal grippy!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen pedal grippy!?

We all know how amazing the grip on Mugen pedals are right...but now I have to ask you, how the hell are they grippy when THIS happens!

I emailed Kingmotorsports and they didn't even bother replying to my mail...

I've been just driving with these for the past 1.5yrs and it was all good until a week and a half ago I felt something drop onto my shoe while I was driving. Lo and behold, the grip surface fell off!

Any of you guys have ANY suggestion as to how the hell I'm going to stick it back on!?

Please?
Old 02-13-2005, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (ninji)

well if thats glue on the back, perhaps you could try heating it to see if it melts and could possibly reattatch. maybe some 3M double sided tape, that stuff is amazing.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (the Reaper Grim)

i'd go with epoxy, something that specifically states it can bond unsimilar materials. try and get all the old glue off too.... That sucks though man those are expensive pedals. Where did you purchase them from? how long ago did you email King? I know they are always fairly busy.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (BigZ88)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigZ88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd go with epoxy, something that specifically states it can bond unsimilar materials. try and get all the old glue off too.... </TD></TR></TABLE>
what he said...
Old 02-13-2005, 11:49 AM

it was a gift so I don't know where they were purchased. But I've emailed King in the past and they're generally pretty good with responding to questions, it's strange how they didn't this time.

Anyway, I'll try to find an epoxy that will bond unsimilar materials, not very good with handywork materials, and I'll let you guys know Thanks

I'm wondering, has this happened to anyone else who owns Mugen pedals?
Old 02-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its tough to determine what to do when they were a gift. Especially for king because if they didnt directly sell to you, then you can't expect them to do anything. Not to mention its 1.5 yrs later. but i can feel you on the fact that $150 pedals failed on ya... sorry dude
Old 02-13-2005, 01:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no problems here, yet. Had them for about the same amount of time.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:46 PM

It looks like you could just scrape off that old resedue, and reglue it with some sore of high tech adhesive.

I couldn't possibly imagine King honoring a "lifetime" warranty on a high use item like a pedal.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no probs here but ya got me worried man. some 3m tape or silicone should do the trick
Old 02-13-2005, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (Mr. ThunderLips)

that looks disgusting. i'm getting chills just looking at it. it looks like some kinda of fungus.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:25 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BigZ88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its tough to determine what to do when they were a gift. Especially for king because if they didnt directly sell to you, then you can't expect them to do anything. Not to mention its 1.5 yrs later. but i can feel you on the fact that $150 pedals failed on ya... sorry dude</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh I'm definetely not asking King to warrant anything, as a business I can definetely understand that too. I merely asked them if they could possibly let me know what I could use to glue the plate back onto the pedal.

However, I disagree somewhat it's period of usage. 1.5yrs isn't very long if you really think about it, and yes it's used daily, but if you're going to make a product that experiences constant usage and beatings, it should be a product that's tried and tested right? I mean with a name as big as Mugen, you'd expect nothing short of what you're forking out the cash for.

It's just like the Mugen headers, you're paying HUGE bucks for a header that probably doesn't even net you more power, infact, it makes less in some cases. Don't get me wrong though, I still think Mugen products are great in most respects, but at the very least, Mugen or their distributors should back their products 100%. That's just my feeling, but then again, it's a corporate world, nothing is perfect.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

3m double side tape that ****! im sure it be better than 80% of tha bs that comes off ebay
Old 02-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (llxzxll)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that looks disgusting. i'm getting chills just looking at it. it looks like some kinda of fungus. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe it would be better if you grew a dick?
Old 02-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn..

some one sell me theirs!!!!!!
SELL ME YOUR MUGEN PEDALS!!!

Old 02-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I used to have a set and one of the inserts started coming loose like this. they're not really held in place very well. I'd just glue (epoxy or something) it back in place.

It took me forever to sell my set because the porous material absorbs moisture and dirt and changes color. Everyone's used to seeing the brand new ones with their light-grey appearance and when they see a used set they appear abused. What they don't realize is that a new set is going to do the same thing.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (JeffS)

that sucks... arent those $100?
Old 02-14-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (B16B)

damn, your pedal has mad gunk on it, im surprised it still grips! cant u clean it somehow?
Old 02-14-2005, 07:51 PM

go to home depot and get some of this... it won't fall off again for a WHILE.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (B16B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B16B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that sucks... arent those $100?</TD></TR></TABLE>................174.00 on kings site
Old 02-14-2005, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Maybe it would be better if you grew a dick?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i'd like to see you say that to my face
Old 02-14-2005, 08:40 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd like to see you say that to my face </TD></TR></TABLE>

If the biggest, angriest looking man said anything along the lines of, "EEEW!! ICKY FUNGUS!" about a car part in front of me, I'd say that to his face. Period.

So you're a big enough man to throw around with a stranger, but too grossed out by glue to abide a picture of a detached pedal surface? Ha. Amusing.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by llxzxll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'd like to see you say that to my face </TD></TR></TABLE>

:alarm sounds: E-thug alert...everyone beware!!!
Old 02-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any slow set expoxy is better for un-like materials. But they do make them for metal to plastic, which that would be.

edit: the reason I said slow set is because they tend to offer a stronger hold than any quick set ever could. You also may want to scuff up the area on the pedal a bit.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If the biggest, angriest looking man said anything along the lines of, "EEEW!! ICKY FUNGUS!" about a car part in front of me, I'd say that to his face. Period.

So you're a big enough man to throw around with a stranger, but too grossed out by glue to abide a picture of a detached pedal surface? Ha. Amusing.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

please quote me when i said the exact phrases "EEEW!! ICKY FUNGUS!" you can't? i happen to have a deadly allergy to fungus. but i what i don't have an allergy to is simple-minded arrogant ***** on message boards.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mugen pedal grippy!? (R33CIVIC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R33CIVIC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

:alarm sounds: E-thug alert...everyone beware!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

:alarm sounds: retard alert. i just said "say that to my face." i didn't say I'll CAP JYO A$$ N-word, FOR INSULTING ME ON THE INTERNET!!@!"

get it straight.

ps. sorry for the thread jacking

Quick Reply: Mugen pedal grippy!?