Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

MSD SCI ignition...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 08:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MSD SCI ignition...

Just wondering if anyone has MSD ign in their 92-95 SOHC HB and what you had to do to get it to work?

this is my plan:

SCI module
MSD distrib cap
8.5mm Super Conductor wires
Blaster SS coil

i'll be running a SOHC VTEC when I put the MSD in. i waqs wondering about it because I think i read somewhere that when running an aftermarket ignition module w/ external coil like the MSD which replaces your factory coil, you lose the signal to your tach and it won't work. i know the MSD site says some applications need a special adapter for the tach but it doesn't say anything about which cars or specifically for 92-95 Civics. Anyone know about this?

i have the EG6 SiR cluster with the tach and I am not sure if the MSD will affect it or not.

i did a search but nothing came up about this so any help or links to useful info would be great guys. thanks
Old 12-09-2003, 09:24 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: MSD SCI ignition... (519RACING)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 519RACING &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just wondering if anyone has MSD ign in their 92-95 SOHC HB and what you had to do to get it to work?

this is my plan:

SCI module
MSD distrib cap
8.5mm Super Conductor wires
Blaster SS coil

i'll be running a SOHC VTEC when I put the MSD in. i waqs wondering about it because I think i read somewhere that when running an aftermarket ignition module w/ external coil like the MSD which replaces your factory coil, you lose the signal to your tach and it won't work. i know the MSD site says some applications need a special adapter for the tach but it doesn't say anything about which cars or specifically for 92-95 Civics. Anyone know about this?

i have the EG6 SiR cluster with the tach and I am not sure if the MSD will affect it or not.

i did a search but nothing came up about this so any help or links to useful info would be great guys. thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have the same setup on my otherwise-stock D16Z6 and it didn't disrupt the tach at all. Made my gas mileage 2-3mpg better .
Old 12-09-2003, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MSD SCI ignition... (Archidictus)

sweet to hear that. i was afarid i'dhave to get the adapter they talk about

how was the install with the MSD? Pretty straightforward or did the instructions leave you empty handed sometimes?

next year i'm planning to install an Autometer tach with the Automoeter 92-95 Civic dash pod and i'm assuming it will hook right up to where the factory Honda tach does as well. i'm new to wiring and things of the sort