Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mounting New mirrors? No Hardware?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting New mirrors? No Hardware?

Hey everybody,
I bought some spoon replica mirrors for my 92 3dr hatch. The problem is the mirrors came with no mounting hardware at all. There are the correct mounting holes, but no hardware. Would I just be able to get screws and make them thread? At the moment there are 3 holes, but they are not tapped or anything. Any ideas? Thank you! By the way, sorry this is kind of a stupid question, I just dont want my mirrors flying off when im going down the road at 60mph.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mounting New mirrors? No Hardware? (PhoebeusFenix)

how about using your existing hardware from you oem mirrors?
Old 10-28-2005, 06:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they just use self-tapping screws.you can find the appropriate size at any hardware store and use them.
Chris
Old 10-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mounting New mirrors? No Hardware? (TeamNextGenChris)

I would use the existing screws, however, I only have 3 of them. The passenger side did not have a mirror(a dx model), and the screws were in that one. In the driver side there were 3 bolt type things. But yea, Ill just go get some more self tapping screws and ill be set, i noticed however that only 2 of the 3 holes will line up correctly, well at least just holding it up to the correct spot that is how it is, I guess we shall see. I jsut didnt want to take a chance of messing up the mirrors or something.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PhoebeusFenix &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would use the existing screws, however, I only have 3 of them. The passenger side did not have a mirror(a dx model), and the screws were in that one. In the driver side there were 3 bolt type things. But yea, Ill just go get some more self tapping screws and ill be set, i noticed however that only 2 of the 3 holes will line up correctly, well at least just holding it up to the correct spot that is how it is, I guess we shall see. I jsut didnt want to take a chance of messing up the mirrors or something.</TD></TR></TABLE>
i believe the stock mirrors have studs in the baseplates,and nuts that thread onto them.
i've never seen a set of knockoffs that didn't line up all three holes-hopefully it's just how you were looking at them.
Chris
Old 10-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mounting New mirrors? No Hardware? (TeamNextGenChris)

That was it. They had bolt type deals mounted to the baseplate and then nuts ontop of that, on the drivers side anyway. The passengers side did not have a mirror and it had the self tapping screws. It seems like a stupid question, I just didnt want to take a chance of screwing up my new mirrors. Thanks for the help!