Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

motor swaps

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor swaps

why the [freak] does the search engine never work. I keep searching for a thread i created months ago, typing in the title word for word and it doesn't return anything.

Anyway, going to do my swap soon. Any suggestions on where to look for a new motor? Places you guys know of for sure that sell quality motors and stand behind their products? I don't want to get screwed over like i've seen so many times. I heard hmotorsonline.com was good. Can you guys list me some other sites.

Also, someone once linked me somewhere that had a break down of exactly what you'd need to swap from a d series to a b16, anyone have something like that? I'm not retarded, i've just never done a swap before and I want to be overly prepared.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you gotta check the archived thingy? Into what car?
Old 09-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Hanmin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hanmin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe you gotta check the archived thingy? Into what car?</TD></TR></TABLE>

my 92 eg8, swapping a d15b7 for a b16a. I just want to get the 92-95 b16a so i don't have to worry about changing obd2 to obd1 or anything. keeping it simple as possible for my first swap.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The search feature works fine, it's simply the idiots that don't know how to use it.

Your topic is either in "recent" content, or "archived" content - if you're not sure which, you might have to check both. It's a little tick box on the side.

Also, if you're looking for a topic YOU created, then it'd be smarter to type "austinkli" in the "creator" blank, and display all of the threads you've created, instead of just looking for that one. Again, don't forget to search both the recent and archived content.

As for your problem.

Go to HMotorsOnline - After you pay the final bill + shipping you'll think they shoved a hot fire poker up ur *** about 15 times.

Though you'll get a quality, usually reliable, engine.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The search feature works fine, it's simply the idiots that don't know how to use it.

Your topic is either in "recent" content, or "archived" content - if you're not sure which, you might have to check both. It's a little tick box on the side.

Also, if you're looking for a topic YOU created, then it'd be smarter to type "austinkli" in the "creator" blank, and display all of the threads you've created, instead of just looking for that one. Again, don't forget to search both the recent and archived content.

As for your problem.

Go to HMotorsOnline - After you pay the final bill + shipping you'll think they shoved a hot fire poker up ur *** about 15 times.

Though you'll get a quality, usually reliable, engine.</TD></TR></TABLE>
hey, i know how to search, it's like my threads are always gone though.

Anyway, I don't mind paying a little extra for a good motor, are you saying hmotorsonline is good or bad, i know it's expensive. Any other suggestions?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:09 AM
318 Curves, 11 miles

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (austinkli)

I've not heard anything bad from hmotorsonline other than that they're expensive. Have heard lots of good about them.

Have you thought about hondamarketplace.com? I bought my complete gsr swap from a h-t member there and got a very decent deal on it. I was all set to buy from hmo until I found mine on hondamarketplace.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 AM

Default Re: (Vindicator9000)

I got my swap from hmotors and I had a problem with getting a bad dizzy but they took care of it right away and shipped me out a new one immedietly. I would give them 100%
Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 PM

I have always heard good things about hmotors it doesnt look like their prices are horrible considering they give you all the parts you need for a complete swap