Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

motor is out of the car What necessities should be done before it goes in

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor is out of the car What necessities should be done before it goes in

hey i have a gsr and its going to be sitting until spring time, anything i should take care of now before the motor goes in the car so far i have planned Skunk2/Blox manifold, clutch, flywheel, timing belt and water pump change

Will i be able to do the timing belt myself, people tell me that the measurements need to be perfect and something about tdc, I thought all i had to do was run the belt the right way and make sure the cam gear arrows are pointing up ??????am i wrong to think it was that easy??????

Anything else i should replace now???
Old 12-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: motor is out of the car What necessities should be done before it goes in (bboylito)

btw please dont tell me to get the block and cams done now i dont have money like that, i'm just talking about maintenance since this motor looks like it has some miles on it
Old 12-16-2004, 03:39 PM

Default Re: motor is out of the car What necessities should be done before it goes in (bboylito)

clean your engine bay
Old 12-16-2004, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: motor is out of the car What necessities should be done before it goes in (99hatch)

Timing belt
Water Pump
Oil pump
clutch
flywheel
plugs
wires
etc
Old 12-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: motor is out of the car What necessities should be done before it goes in (delLudeVTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by delLudeVTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Timing belt
Water Pump
Oil pump
clutch
flywheel
plugs
wires
etc</TD></TR></TABLE>

At least #1 and maybe #2 should be replaced completely, even if they show no signs of giving out, because getting to them with the engine in the car is a complete pain in the ***, and if either goes you'll be hurting big time. As for clutch and flywheel if you were planning on replacing now is the best time