Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

motor mount problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor mount problem

alright guys the drivers side motor mount bushing i have has completely gave out in my hatch and caused the top two bolts to fallout and the bottom bolt to break off inside the motor...to make things alot easier for everybody i have a ls swap in a EG....putting a new mount on its no problem but how will i go about taking that old bolt out the motor...thats the problem that im running into...can somebody enlighten me on this...
Old 10-10-2007, 06:29 PM

Default Re: motor mount problem (jdmthug)

When you say 2 bolts fell out, and the 3rd broke, are you referring to the 3 bolts that hold be mount bracket to the side of the engine block (black braket mounts under timing cover) ?? Or, are you talking about the 3 bolts that hold the mount to the black braket?

After getting that bolt out, I would recommend a replacment mount kit, or at LEAST get the drivers side mount replaced with a aftermarket replacement; such as the ones we offer
Old 10-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: motor mount problem (jdmthug)

There is no bushing on the motor mount inside the timing belt cover, if that's what you're referring to, but if a bolt fell in there, I'd be weary driving that car until you get it out.

bolt fragment lodges between belt and pulley --> belt snaps --> pistons smash valves --> head needs to be rebuilt, etc etc.

If the bolt really fell all the way down then you need to take off the timing belt cover completely, which involves taking off the crank pulley (a bitch), which involves removing all your accessory belts. Good luck with that. Or prey it didn't fall all the way down and use a telescopic magnetic pickup tool and maybe you will, indeed, get lucky.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:11 PM
* B A N N E D *

Default Re: motor mount problem (Blk00EJ8)

hey are you talking about the tranny side.
the bolt that broke off is rather between the out going bolt from the tranny.
well there are extractor kits that work really well for these cases you can find a set in a kragen auto parts or auto zone. it's really no biggie. as at a near auto shop. but try to do it your self since it's not so hard it will just take some elbow grease.
hope that i helped somewhat.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

alrght guys sorry if i didnt go into too much detail but i am talkin about the bracket on the motor...yes those bolts fell out and the other one broke inside the motor...i dont have a timing cover on mine at all...which in this case im glad i dont b/c the simple fact of the matter is i might of have been building another motor right now if this were to happen..but yeah i def need another mount...if anybody has a reasonable price for one let me know..ill come get it..ima leave the bolt extracting part to a professional cuz im def not trying to mess anything up on this car