Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

motor bogging/spuddering out...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default motor bogging/spuddering out...

just the other night i was driving back home from wal-mart and after i made my second right turn my car just didnt want to go any more. i couldnt pass 4500rpm. so i parked for about 5min with the engine still on and looked under the hood...everything lookd ok...so i tried to take off again. but this time i couldnt pass 3500rpm. so i parked again. i tried revin it at a stand still and there were no issues there i easily hit 7200rpm. so i tried takin off again and now i wasnt able to pass 2500rpm.by this time i called the wifey to come get me bc i thought my car was donskies....no lights dimmed inside...i checked the firing order and made sure nothing was loose in the bay....i was parked for a good half hour and i turned the car bak on..took it for a spin in the parking lot and it felt ok...so i attempted to make the ride home...yea 30 seconds later the car is bogging out on me under the freeway. i park and theres a little bleed of smoke coming out my muffler...it was really cold that night..about 35 so i cant tell if smoke was grey or white...so i jus turned the car off...i check my plugs again and this time i unplugged the ecu and put it back. the car then worked ok, made it home. anybody got any ideas wat might cause this. i did take the car to work the next day during lunch, made it to work no problem but on the way out, got that bogging out again. need help ASAP