Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2001, 02:52 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls

Color: Granada Black Pearl (factory) with rusted pearl and red pearl ghost flames

Wheel/Tire: Standard..coming soon.....

Engine: AEM intake, Focus Exhaust.... YES I know I need more.. thats why I am here at honda-tech.com

Suspension/Brake: Weapon-R coilovers, Tokico 5-way adj shocks, Neuspeed front tie bar, Neuspeed Rear upper Tie bar

Stereo: Alpine CDA-7860 Lanzar Encore 300 watt amp Audiomatic AP 2020 amp rockford Fosgate 10" SONY bass controller, (2) 4 in Color Tv's,

Body: Gude 4 vented Hood, Street Fighter 2 front bumper, VIS invader sides, Xtreme back bumper

Interior: RED everywhere! painted red vents, custom red vinyl interior, APC dual indiglo gauges, isotta red/aluminuim shift ****, real carbon fiber torgasport kit, carbon fiber dial plate, carbon fiber dual pod with 2/16 air/fuel ratio gauge & oil pressure gauge, custom red dash, center gauge cluster, A/c controls in arm rest, Vafc inside ashtray, custom flame graphics on the doors, custom H symbol on targa top, custom enclosure for plastation 2 with red neon cable, seats revinyled with custom graphics.

Lighting: Hiperwhite Xenon gas headlights, Hiperwhite clear bulbs, Altezzas tailights, Euro clear corners

Other Modifications: neuspeed oil cap,Apexi V-AFC controller, Playstation 2, DVD player

future mods- 17 in rims, ENGINE SWAP w/ possible turbo

Old 08-06-2001, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (rflores2323)

Looks like it got hit by an Uncle Ben semi truck
Old 08-06-2001, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (93LSivic)

Looks like it got hit by an Uncle Ben semi truck
LOL! I wonder how many people will get this? hahaha...
Old 08-06-2001, 03:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (MugenHondaFormula1)

I think it looks pretty good..... but the flames gotta go and that front end is a bit too aggressive. Is that the politically correct way of saying "rice"?
Old 08-06-2001, 03:52 PM
New User

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (CRX_VTEC)

wel I knew this was to be coming.. LOL.. well let me explain to you guys that Im not a ricer.. I actually have a plan and I am not sticking products on my car left and right for no soul purepose... I went for looks first and got all my paint and interior done.. rims coming soon... and NOW I am READY TO START on my engine.. that why I come to you.... now dont start flaming me becuase I have my car all decked out..its a personal taste and thats what really describes the import scene anyway.. you do what you like..: I just wanted to get to know some of you becuase I am going to be around asking, reading, and anwering post..
Old 08-06-2001, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In all honesty though. I think it would look pretty dope if you went back to the stock tails, put on a c/f hood and continued the flames onto that, and got rid of the rest of the kit. Maybe some anthracite wheels. The show look doesnt really appeal to me, I would rather go fast.
Old 08-06-2001, 04:13 PM
New User

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (93LSivic)

I hear what your saying 93LS.. that why I am planning on swapping my engine.. prob. b16a3 but I want to see other options.
Old 08-06-2001, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's a crazy looking hood! Anyway, I totally understand the going for looks before performance thing... at least you can look fast first. The way I look at it is, you spent alot of time and money in that car so the more power to you. I'm also assuming this is a show car, what people need to understand is, if you are building a show car you HAVE to go all out on it. But yeah, get some serious performance mods in there and it might quiet some people up.

Summed up, nice ride.

*disclaimer*

Vtec does not condone the riceification of vehicles, however Vtec does not consider show cars to be rice therefore he likes this car and does not want to be flamed for doing so.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (Vtec_INSIDE)

That's a crazy looking hood! Anyway, I totally understand the going for looks before performance thing... at least you can look fast first. The way I look at it is, you spent alot of time and money in that car so the more power to you. I'm also assuming this is a show car, what people need to understand is, if you are building a show car you HAVE to go all out on it. But yeah, get some serious performance mods in there and it might quiet some people up.

Summed up, nice ride.

*disclaimer*

Vtec does not condone the riceification of vehicles, however Vtec does not consider show cars to be rice therefore he likes this car and does not want to be flamed for doing so.
i second this
Old 08-06-2001, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 08-06-2001, 07:33 PM
New User

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (gamby)

I agree with Vtec_Inside and ek9t. I think del sols look cool with aggressive body kits. The hood is different but different is good.
Old 08-06-2001, 09:46 PM
New User

since ur goin car show hey thats great if thats what appeals to you, just dont race it until u can back it up =].i think those flames are PHAT, add alil more, also please drop those euros thats the ONLY thing that really bothers me, yes they stand out, but damn they do it for the wrong reasons coughuglycough, the hood is defn original i like it, same with the kit, you will definitly get compliments if u keep it up in fact that car would stand out 100% at our local car shows!
Old 08-07-2001, 07:41 AM
New User

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (streetskill)

".its a personal taste and thats what really describes the import scene anyway.. you do what you like..: I just wanted to get to know some of you becuase I am going to be around asking, reading,and anwering post.. "

Bravo, couldnt have said it best myself. though i dont like agressive looking body kits, i think a rusty beat up hb with a b20z/vtec would look way nice. but, i myself understand what you mean. i am doing a b16a swap on my car, but my girlfriend bought me a clean looking body kit for my birthday so i decided to do my look first. Its pissin me off cuz i really would rather be working on my engine, but whatever, as long as it ends upthe way i want it to look in my head.

Nice car, not my taste, but nice car none the less. Its your car so represent it to the fullest no matter what anyone says.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (HondaCRX)

I agree. I'm not much for rice, but if your into that stuff, do it right. You did a good job on the car! I just hate the rice-stuff that is just big crappy body work, stock paint(chipped of course), and stickers everywhere. Like I said, your car looks good, just "KEEP IT REAL!"
Old 08-07-2001, 07:54 AM
New User

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (HondaCRX)

thank you very much for your comments... I knew that there were people in this forum that would appreciate an import enthusiast that is trying to make a "GOOD" impression out there.... just remember that I am a newbie and I will be asking lots of questions.. ofcourse after I do a search.. but none the less if I dont understand something.. I hope that you all can help me out. thanks again fro the replies and keep the scene alive and strong!!
Old 08-07-2001, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (WAFFLES)

I agree w/ the above, it's very clean, I'm not much for show cars, but I definately can relate to, and recognise the amount of work that has gone into your car so far.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:56 AM
New User

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (MugenHondaFormula1)

LoL true.... rice rice gravy
Old 08-07-2001, 08:09 AM
New User

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (Inaniac)

Inaniac- guess you are an ignorant little 13 yr old or something.. SHOW some respect ********....

some people dont understand that everyone does there own thing/style the way they want it.. and derrogatory comments are just useless..
Old 08-07-2001, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Before you get your panties all bunched up, realize that A)This is a VERY anti-altezza lights/body kit croud.
and B)You won't get any respect coming in here and acting hard
Old 08-07-2001, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (DragIIcivic)

Yeah, people get very pissed on this subject. Just accept it. Sorry.
Old 08-07-2001, 08:28 AM
New User

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (WAFFLES)

Before you get your panties all bunched up, realize that A)This is a VERY anti-altezza lights/body kit croud.
and B)You won't get any respect coming in here and acting hard
_______

I am far from trying to be hard.. I understand that this board is anti-altezzas.. most boards are.. LOL.. but I likes... and I came here to get advise and learn.. I know that people are goign to diss. I jsut laugh at it.. I am a veyr laid back person and have no beef if someone says they dont like my ride.. hey its their opinion and they can voice it.. but at the same time they should show appreciation since we are all in hte same industry ya know... and by just adding a post that says RICER etc.. shows nothing but ignorance.. why even waste your time and post that???
Old 08-07-2001, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I agree it was a little harsh, but trust me, if you stay on this board for a while, you will be doing the same thing..hehe

I do appreciate show cars, like I said, Nice car...not my style....but nice nonetheless.

And there is plenty of opportunity to learn here, don't take a few negative comments as no one is willing to help you out....
Old 08-07-2001, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mods and Pics of my Del Sol.. comments pls (DragIIcivic)

He's right. Everyone gets sick of SOME of the crap. You in time will learn to flame with the best of them. I'm still learnig, hoping to catch on, though.