Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mods for a 99 civic ex

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mods for a 99 civic ex

I have a 99 ex coupe, white, and its an auto (yeah I know)

Im going to get something else soon but not too soon, as in another car. The auto wasnt my choice.

I just graduated and I have some money (about 150) and my parents said that they would buy me something as a gift. I dont really have a lot of interests besides my car and video games.

Instead of wasting my money on an intake or a header, seeing how that wont do anything but make me think why I asked for it in the first place, id like to hear some suggestions.

I know that im going to hear, new car, tranny swap, motor swap. The car is under my parents name, and as soon as they put it under my name, is when I plan on trading it for something else. So I will be getting something soon but not too soon.

So does anyone have any ideas on what I could get? Like things for the car, I have had suggestions by my friends to get a cd player and some speakers, but I hate loud bass shaking the trunk and all that.

Ive thought about something that I could get that isnt car realted and I cant really think of anything. And I really like the civic (even though its auto)

Thanks in advance
Old 05-25-2003, 11:36 AM
memoryFAB.com representative

Default Re: Mods for a 99 civic ex (Quick EX)

have your parents buy you a auto to manual conversion!!
Old 05-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mods for a 99 civic ex (spock_rocker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spock_rocker &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">have your parents buy you a auto to manual conversion!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

My thoughts exactly.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mods for a 99 civic ex (MagillaGorilla)

well if you are going to get rid of it when it goes in your name, either just hold on to the money and spend it when you get the other car, or get something like xm radio that you can switch to other cars.
my .02
Old 05-25-2003, 12:09 PM

They wont, I asked them already.

My dad told me if I was going to do anything major to the car, ie.(sell it, swap it) etc., that I would have to wait until it was in my name.

He wont put it in my name because I dont have a job at the moment, So im looking for suggestions on things I could do in the meantime.

I was looking at the tein basic damper kit, the entry level coilover system.
But its 713, thats the cheapest I saw it. Id lower the car, but 713 is a lot.

Then I thought of rims, something along the lines of rotas, or some knockoff's.
I really like the advan rg's, but wont ever be able to afford them.

edit- I really like perfromance mods, I listen to the radio in the car, but not enough to buy an xm radio, I have a 92 si prelude with an h22 and some mods, but my dad is driving it for a bit (he sold his truck and he is about to buy a 350z) and once I get back the prelude I plan on selling it, saving that money, then eventually getting rid of the civic and buying a svt cobra that I have been seeing for a while.

but in the mean time id like to do something to the civic, but seeing how its an auto, my options are limited, I called the aamco by my house and the quoted me 1600 to change from auto to a manual.
Old 05-25-2003, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Put the money in the bank (or invest it) until you sell the car...that way your money that you have now will be more when you need it and you wont even have to work for more money!
Old 05-25-2003, 12:13 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quick EX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I dont really have a lot of interests besides my car and video games.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

We think alike.

Maybe buy some new, good-sounding, quality, speakers or a stereo but just don't get woofers and everything will sound good
Old 05-25-2003, 01:11 PM

hmmm...im just like you with my radio, as long as it works right?

why not just hold off on getting something for your car since its not in your name yet. get some video games that'll hold u off until you can get a new car and go crazy with that. what video game systems do u have?
Old 05-25-2003, 01:43 PM

Default Re: Mods for a 99 civic ex (Racerage1)

prett much well all of them.

xbox, ps2, gamecube, dreamcast, n64, and so on.

I will probably hold off like everyone is saying, I really wanted to do something to it. That cobra I want is 14,995, so I need the money
Old 05-25-2003, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quick EX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I have a 92 si prelude with an h22 and some mods.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok you have an EK and an H22... u can just do the whole swap and sell the shell...jesus its almost free.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:51 AM

Since when was a 99 ex coupe an EK?

Yes I have an h22 in the prelude, but if I put that into the civic which = $$$, what would go into the prelude?