Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

missing power lock control and wire connections

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default missing power lock control and wire connections

I bought a new door at a junk yard and the power lock control and the connections to hook it up wasent in there. But theres a connection for the power lock switch for my door panel. So I'm assuming it was stripped at the junk yard. But I cant tell where the wire harrnest has been cut. I do have the power lock control from my old door But i dont have the connections to snap it in.I wish i would of cut the connections off my old harnest before I trashed it. Thanks for any help. I also dont have a key for the new door so i have to climb through the passanger door to lock the car. Oh yeah and its a 98 honda civic ex.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 PM

Default Re: missing power lock control and wire connections (classicrocker85)

can nobody help me?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: missing power lock control and wire connections (classicrocker85)

figures it'd be someone from tybee island. First step, buy a dictionary and look up the following: wasent , harrnest, would of, harnest, passanger. They are actually, wasn't, harness, would have, harness, and passenger. Learn to spell or you'll be flamed like hell on h-t.

Step 2: If I'd try finding that harness at a junkyard, search the other cars and see if someone left it. As for the door lock, I actually lol'd at you. You made my day man. Anyway, if you go back to the junkyard asap and get the number off that car, you should be able to take it to a honda dealer and get a key made for it. Though you'd have to have 2 keys, one for the driver and one for the passenger side. You could probably buy all new locks for your doors though and that way you could just have one key.