Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mis-Fire, Pre Ignition, Timing and S*** HELP!!! PLZ!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mis-Fire, Pre Ignition, Timing and S*** HELP!!! PLZ!!!

Alright my problem started with some bogging, sputtering feeling. BTW Its a 1993 Civic EX Coupe...D16Z6. Ok yea, the sputtering and all, so i thought i burned a wire, nope, then a new cap and rotor, nope, faulty plugs...nope. Heres additional problems, i get CEL from time to time, i checked it today and it threw a code that confused me, Code 15 which is ignition output signal. But im not sure i read it righ..it went slow flash and then 5 fast flashes, then a pause, then fast flash, pause then the slow flash started again. I can hear the misfire in my exhaust at idle and i cant drive 30 in fifth gear like i used to be able to. Another thing is that when i floor it in all gears it feels like a bog down. Please, ya'll are my last hope....
Old 08-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mis-Fire, Pre Ignition, Timing and S*** HELP!!! PLZ!!! (WhitelightningEX)

Could be ignition coil or ECM for ignition. Get a stethescope and see if you can hear which cylinder(s) are misfiring, and how frequent the misfire is.

For me, the ignition coil was my source. My car started sputtering like a CHAMP. So i replaced plugs and that fixed it. Then shortly after, my car bogged out and died, and would not restart. It still sent spark, checked by grounding to engine bay and looking. But it wasnt enough. Replaced and blam no probs since 2 months ago.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:52 AM

Default Re: Mis-Fire, Pre Ignition, Timing and S*** HELP!!! PLZ!!! (drumminforev)

I was thinking that my coil could be the source for my problem too, I run off an external msd coil, i got the msd cap and rotor and wires on ngk plugs. The only thing left to replace is the coil so yea ill try that, any help on my CEL flashing???Is it really a code 15 or am i checking it wrong...thanks in advance
Old 08-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mis-Fire, Pre Ignition, Timing and S*** HELP!!! PLZ!!! (WhitelightningEX)

dunno about any cels, just replace the coil and see if it fixes it, and post back