Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mini me timing

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini me timing

Allright this is the story, i have a 93 civic dx, lime green, lowered blah blah blah, same unorigional ****, and i blew a head gasket, so my smart friend didnt do a bolt patern when he took the head off, cuz we were gunna run a dohc zc head on the 1.5 block, turns out i needed to chip my p06 with a dohc base map, so i said screw it, cuz i didnt have the money. so i got an si head from my friend who popped his block, and did a mini me swap, 96 si head gaskey, y8 belt, y8 head, with the b7 bottom end. ive herd rumours to offset the timing 4 teeth, and some people say dont, so what do i do? i have it advanced one tooth, and when i stomp on the gas the car just sputteres and then not sure why, but it hulls *** after it gets through its choking stage, what could be the problem? ive herd im not firing in one cyl., dizzy's [freak]ed, i bought new spark plugs, needed them anyways but im not sure if it will fix the problem, this is my first mini me swap, and ive read alot about them, and now im kinda stuck

p.s. sorry for the book ^ lol
Old 11-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Mini me timing (tauumie)

dohc head on a d15 block, wow, I gottah see that fit.
Set your timing correctly.
shoot your buddy or tape his mouth up.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mini me timing (itsmejto)

Wow. Learn how to type
hukt on fonix wurkt fur mey!

Anyway,
line the timing marks up like stock, don't advance or retard anything. All the adjustment you'll ever need is in the distributor, set the timing belt just like the stock head. And if you want your vtec to work I hope you pulled the oil plug out of the block where the oval shaped hole in the headgasket is before you put the head on, then you can get yourself a P28 ECU out of a 92-95 civic (SOHC Vtec aka D16Z6) and run 2 wires and your vtec will work.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mini me timing (IndySporty)

if guns were legal in canada, i would have allready trust me haha, but beleive it or not, the dohc block lined up, i didnt get far enough for the headbolts to go in tho, lol so not 100% sure if the bolts fit, and as for the mini me, i pulled the plug, head was bolted properly, i have the p28 ecu, and vtec works, the only issue is the sputtering (spelling...?... phoniks, watever lol) , now on the harmonic balancer, theres a red line with a notch on either side, and about an inch from it, there is a grey line, which one is which, and whats the difference between the lines? i put a coat hanger in cyl. 1 and put it to tdc, which lined up with the grey notch, and i set the cam at the "up" mark with the lines lining up to the top of the block origionaly, then i advanced by one tooth, and the problem wasnt as bad, but still sputters... and yea i ment the z6 lol ive been dealing with too many honda motors this past month...