Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   mini me.......no spark??????? (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/mini-me-no-spark-992218/)

VRD^don 09-15-2004 02:14 PM

mini me.......no spark???????

okay..just got done with a second mini me...first one went kabooomm...now just finish the second one....everything done and i went to start it up. the motor cranks buts its getting no spark...check the distributor..seems fine...what could it be..help please...

ABK 09-15-2004 02:18 PM

Re: mini me.......no spark??????? (sohc_vtec)

how did you check the distributor? Got everything wired up correctly?

Ricey McRicerton 09-15-2004 02:28 PM

Re: mini me.......no spark??????? (ABK)

Are you getting spark at the plugs? If not start at the plugs and work your way back until you've got spark.

New Image 09-15-2004 02:48 PM

Re: mini me.......no spark??????? (Ricey McRicerton)

When you put back the ignition wires did you install them correctly? (Correct order)

blueballs90si 09-15-2004 02:51 PM

Re: mini me.......no spark??????? (94JDMEG)

test the coil pack

VRD^don 09-16-2004 10:34 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how did you check the distributor? Got everything wired up correctly?</TD></TR></TABLE>

opended it up, took everything apart...look at it closely...everything seems fine..yeah..im pretty sure everythings wired up right because im using a y8 head nad its obd2 on an obd2 car..yeah im positive its wired up right..

VRD^don 09-16-2004 10:35 AM

Re: mini me.......no spark??????? (Ricey McRicerton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ricey McRicerton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you getting spark at the plugs? If not start at the plugs and work your way back until you've got spark.</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope no sparks at the plugs..got new plugs for it...still no sparks at the plugs..

VRD^don 09-16-2004 10:36 AM

Re: mini me.......no spark??????? (slow90hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by slow90hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">test the coil pack</TD></TR></TABLE>

no more coil pack...im using a accel ignition...

VRD^don 09-16-2004 10:37 AM

im thinking its the ignitor thats dead...maybe thats the problem..you guys think it might be the ignitor..

sickvtec 09-16-2004 11:56 AM

I seem to be facing the same problem, the motor cranks but still it doesn't start, so what i did i checked the distributor if it had spark by taking 1 of the wires off the distributor and putting a screw driver where the the wire goes and i had some1 crank the motor while i held the screwdriver to see if it sparked ma hand but it did'nt so i guess is the ignitor or the whole dizzy just shot, if anyone got an idea to help let us know!!!

ABK 09-16-2004 07:06 PM

why don't you buy yourself a digital voltmeter and find out. It's as easy as that. One of the best tools you can have.

VRD^don 09-17-2004 11:40 AM

can i change out my old y8 ignitor for a dx ignitor..will it still work the same or is a different ignitor..

menkio 09-17-2004 11:46 AM

same, try it

VRD^don 09-20-2004 01:43 PM

Re: mini me.......no spark??????? (yanta)

okay...i got it to work now...got spark..it was the rotor... http://images.honda-tech.com/set1//smile/emcrook.gif ....now its giving cel code 3 and 5..something with the map sensor..i switched it with a dx map sensor and did the same thing..the car runs like ass..now running on limp mode...need help guys..

PowerShot 09-20-2004 01:45 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ABK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">how did you check the distributor? Got everything wired up correctly?</TD></TR></TABLE> Id start there if were you..

VRD^don 09-20-2004 02:11 PM

Re: mini me.......no spark??????? (PowerShot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PowerShot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Id start there if were you..</TD></TR></TABLE>

so your thinking that its the dizzy thats throwing me into limp mode...and caused the cels...

VRD^don 09-22-2004 12:37 PM

okay...still in limp mode...took off throttle body and cleaned the living hell out of it and it still giving me cel 3 and 5...this is killing me yo..help me out..

VRD^don 09-24-2004 09:00 AM

ttt