Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Mini me to B series swap

Old 04-16-2019, 08:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Mini me to B series swap

Alright, I read the swap sticky forum. From what I understood, B18's are plug and play in my 94 DX originally with a D15B7, now has a Mini-me, so I have the VTEC wiring and the Hondata ECU. Can anyone help me figure out what all is needed exactly to complete the swap?
Old 04-17-2019, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mini me to B series swap

Which B18?
Old 04-17-2019, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly whichever B series is the easiest to put in
Old 04-17-2019, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honestly, they are all about the same short of wiring.

With a VTEC unit (B16A/B, B18C/R) you will need to wire in a VTEC solenoid and sensor. Also I don't remember if the VX had a 1-wire o2 or that odd 5-wire o2 or if it has a normal 4 wire, if it is anything by a 4 wire, you will need to deal with it. With a B18A/B, it is straight plug and play (if your current car has VTEC, then you will have two plugs on the harness that will have no where to plug at). If you want a B20, is much like the B18A/B, but you will want to change the intake manifold or the hood may not close due to the tall intake runners on that manifold.

In terms of mounting, you will need B series drivers side mount, rear bracket, and transmission torque mount.

If you want to run the D-series A/C compressor you will need the A/C bracket from a P54 del sol.

B series axles and half-shaft will be required.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by punk0mi View Post
Honestly, they are all about the same short of wiring.

With a VTEC unit (B16A/B, B18C/R) you will need to wire in a VTEC solenoid and sensor. Also I don't remember if the VX had a 1-wire o2 or that odd 5-wire o2 or if it has a normal 4 wire, if it is anything by a 4 wire, you will need to deal with it. With a B18A/B, it is straight plug and play (if your current car has VTEC, then you will have two plugs on the harness that will have no where to plug at). If you want a B20, is much like the B18A/B, but you will want to change the intake manifold or the hood may not close due to the tall intake runners on that manifold.

In terms of mounting, you will need B series drivers side mount, rear bracket, and transmission torque mount.

If you want to run the D-series A/C compressor you will need the A/C bracket from a P54 del sol.

B series axles and half-shaft will be required.
Awesome! Looks like I'll need axles, mounts, intake and exhaust. I've already converted to VTEC and 4 wire O2. Thanks for all the info

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: