Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   Mini me to B series swap (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/mini-me-b-series-swap-3336100/)

Krauthammer 04-16-2019 08:42 PM

Mini me to B series swap

Alright, I read the swap sticky forum. From what I understood, B18's are plug and play in my 94 DX originally with a D15B7, now has a Mini-me, so I have the VTEC wiring and the Hondata ECU. Can anyone help me figure out what all is needed exactly to complete the swap?

civichxtreme2 04-17-2019 06:30 AM

Re: Mini me to B series swap

Which B18?

Krauthammer 04-17-2019 08:55 AM

Honestly whichever B series is the easiest to put in

punk0mi 04-17-2019 09:29 AM

Honestly, they are all about the same short of wiring.

With a VTEC unit (B16A/B, B18C/R) you will need to wire in a VTEC solenoid and sensor. Also I don't remember if the VX had a 1-wire o2 or that odd 5-wire o2 or if it has a normal 4 wire, if it is anything by a 4 wire, you will need to deal with it. With a B18A/B, it is straight plug and play (if your current car has VTEC, then you will have two plugs on the harness that will have no where to plug at). If you want a B20, is much like the B18A/B, but you will want to change the intake manifold or the hood may not close due to the tall intake runners on that manifold.

In terms of mounting, you will need B series drivers side mount, rear bracket, and transmission torque mount.

If you want to run the D-series A/C compressor you will need the A/C bracket from a P54 del sol.

B series axles and half-shaft will be required.

Krauthammer 04-17-2019 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by punk0mi (Post 51912139)
Honestly, they are all about the same short of wiring.

With a VTEC unit (B16A/B, B18C/R) you will need to wire in a VTEC solenoid and sensor. Also I don't remember if the VX had a 1-wire o2 or that odd 5-wire o2 or if it has a normal 4 wire, if it is anything by a 4 wire, you will need to deal with it. With a B18A/B, it is straight plug and play (if your current car has VTEC, then you will have two plugs on the harness that will have no where to plug at). If you want a B20, is much like the B18A/B, but you will want to change the intake manifold or the hood may not close due to the tall intake runners on that manifold.

In terms of mounting, you will need B series drivers side mount, rear bracket, and transmission torque mount.

If you want to run the D-series A/C compressor you will need the A/C bracket from a P54 del sol.

B series axles and half-shaft will be required.

Awesome! Looks like I'll need axles, mounts, intake and exhaust. I've already converted to VTEC and 4 wire O2. Thanks for all the info