Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

MilpitasEH2's 94 Civic GSR VX Hatchback build thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2016, 11:01 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MilpitasEH2's 94 Civic GSR VX Hatchback build thread

Introduction: Hey Honda-Tech! So a little bit of a background on me and my car build. 23 years old hoping to build my car just the way i like it. I'm not here to compete and i'm not here to market myself. I'm here to just appreciate the yearly long build of my car every year just like how most of you guys are here with your posts. This will be a slow build so don't expect anything crazy but i will say that when i do have enough money i like to buy real genuine parts and have a real genuine build. Although, i do have replica parts, i'm only making room for genuine parts! So far i engine swapped my car with my cousin. I've gotten the car stolen once already at my old house and it came back in 6 hours with just a missing momo monte carlo steering wheel, shitty laptop, and the most expensive item in my car... my ray ban wayferer's lol. I've been active on Civic-eg.com but i think it was time for me to post my build on Honda Tech where it can inspire/help people in a larger community. I've had the car ever since i was 18 so i've had the car for 5 years but didn't build the car till i was 19-20. I'm located in the Bay Area so if you see me, say wsup! Here's the build previously from the years!

Engine:
BARD Stock B18C1
Yonaka Engine Mounts
No brand Short Shifter
GSR Tranny
Spoon 1st Gen Axle Back Exhaust

Interior:
Personal 350 mm steering wheel
OEM civic arm rest
3' shift extender
Spoon Duracon 5 Speed Shift ****
ITR Black W/ Red Stitching Shift Boot
Recardo SPD Seats

Exterior:
Milano Red Paint
JDM DC2 Clear Flat Side Markers
Enkei 92 15 x 8 +25
Sir Lip
CF BYS wing
JDM Stanley Clear corner lights
OEM EK side Skirts
OEM EG6 Rear Mudflaps
OEM EK front Mudflaps
Civic Hood Bra
Honda Access Window Visors
JDM Thin Side Moldings

Suspension:
Skunk 2 Pro-C
LS rear sway bar
Godspeed X Bar
GSR Front Strut Bar
1st Gen ASR Subframe Brace
22mm ITR rear sway bar

2013:

Some shots of the car and parts when i started doing a build thread on Civic-EG

FD2 Shift ****

SiR Lip

New Valve cover that covers the came gears since my old one showed the cams

Rear disk Conversion from a 94-2001 Acura Integra LS

GodSpeed X Bar since i got it for cheap

Painted Valve Cover

2014:

-
Car Started having hesitation problems and i was so close to giving up. I even tried selling the car but something told me to not give up so i ended up taking my car to DNR which is now called Edwin's Auto Performance and shouout to Edwin for getting my car to run after numerous tries. My first mod of the year was a BYS Rep wing since i didn't wanna get jacked for getting a real one.

So i ended up wanting to go towards the stance look, specifically dumped honda with some deep dish wheels. And of course, going for some legit lower-end wheels had to get some enkei 92's!

California Emission Sucks *** so i ended up doing what was right... BARD!

2015:

How the car looked w/ some EK side skirts!

Honda Access Window Visors

JDM Thin Side Modings. Now with these i didn't make holes because i didn't wanna ruin the body as it is. So i ended up cutting the little studs that were attached and i ended up just double side taping them.

Summer 2015, is when the major changed happened! Paint job and ended up doing a little photoshoot!

5 Speed Spoon Duracon Shift ****

Found some Recaro SPD Reclineable Seats for a good deal.

Ended up apply for the InspireUSA Sponsorship banner and i ended up getting accepted as well! Very great company to represent for!

2016:

So some **** happened again to my car and i was at SF at my local cars and coffee meet around the end of 2015 and as i was about to leave, my timing belt snapped! Had to tow her back from SF to Union City and ohhh boy, $400 down the drain. Didn't fix the car till Spring time of this year!

I tend to represent people who represent for others and that's Mr. Stickydiljoe himself!

Couldn't handle this heat anymore so i decided to install A/C and bam! Feels so good in this hot bay area weather.

Went on a mountain run with my coworker and boss and surprisingly my car was keeping up with the s14 and s2k!

And that's the end of the catch up withtin the past few years, hope you guys look forward to the build. And sorry for the long first post, it didn't seem right for me to just start off the build thread with the car looking as it is now.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:17 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: MilpitasEH2's 94 Civic GSR VX Hatchback build thread

I'm preparing to do the same swap into a 92 VX.

Just a couple of questions for you.

1.) Did you upgrade the original VX fuel pump?

2.) What fuel line did you use from the fuel filter to the fuel rail? (looks like the VX line) and are you still using the stock VX fuel filter?

3.) Why not remove the EGR and associated components? (Cali emission thing?)

4.) Are you intentionally not running a lower front engine mount?

Thanks.

eH.
Old 08-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Trial User

1) Eventually i did upgrade the fuel pump because i thought that was the problem with the hesitation problem few years back, but that didn't help. But prior to the hesitation problem i was using the original fuel pump for like 2 years and nothing went wrong.

2)I believe when i did it, i used the stock one from the VX.

3)Yes unfortunately, getting a car "BARD" is like a stricter smog. The technician looked to see if all vacuum lines were properly there if not, you would have to be sent home and then put everything stock. Took a very very long time but i was able to get it done.

4) Actually, i am. I had an aftermarket front lower mount but once i decided to get A/C i had to get one from my local automotive store to get me one that fits for my car since the aftermarket one was too bulky. And even before all of that, i didn't have one which ran fine, but a mechanic told me in his Swapped b20, the car had so much torque the engine literally popped out of the hood. So i ended up finding one asap lol
Old 08-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

what did edwin do to fix it???
Old 08-05-2016, 08:18 PM
Trial User

He did a lot of stuff. He replaced the fuel pump which didn't work. Tried readjusting the timing, didn't work. He ended up finding out it was the injector plug, it was resoldered wrong. But he never gave up which I am very thankful for. I went to numerous and numerous shops and they tried fixing it once, and they told me to go away cause it didn't work