Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

This might be stupid idea...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This might be stupid idea...

Ok well here it goes. Does anyone know if its possible to clean a o2 sensor up? Or what's the easiest way to burn it? If I can get it clean then fine if not I want to mess it up. See the thing is my car still falls under the extended emissions warranty,being a 97 EJ8 with 147,000miles. I already got free **** from them like a complete tune up ecu and some other sensors. But I want to take advantage of this and get a free o2 from dealer since they are expensive *** hell. You guys feel me right?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This might be stupid idea... (mortificationrock)

Damm no one knows how to fry a o2 sensor?????......
Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damm no one knows how to fry a o2 sensor?????...... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Douse it in coolant. That should take care of it.

Drop it from a good height...but dont damage the shield area. You have to break the ceramic on the inside.

If your O2 sensor is good...why are you scamming a company to get a new one? This will probably bite you in the *** somehow sooner or later.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Man U FTW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">But I want to take advantage of this and get a free o2 from dealer. You guys feel me right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

No...i don't suggest or condone lying, stealing, scamming. I think its a terrible idea. In the end, it just raises the price for the rest of us because you know damn well that Honda isn't going to lose money on the deal.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This might be stupid idea... (B serious)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B serious &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Douse it in coolant. That should take care of it.

Drop it from a good height...but dont damage the shield area. You have to break the ceramic on the inside.

If your O2 sensor is good...why are you scamming a company to get a new one? This will probably bite you in the *** somehow sooner or later. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well im not trting to scam them, but my car has recently been burning gas like an ***. Im thinking it might be o2 since its still original. Also I just did a smog on car and it had real high HC numbers. If I recall the maximum allowed was 66 and mine barely passed with 65. So im trying to break down wtf is wrong with my car cuz gas aint cheap anymore you know? You wouldn't happen to know what can cause high numbers of HC would you? Also how do I know that my o2 isn't faulty? Sometimes the o2's are faulty and the freaken ecu doesn't detect it.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well im not trting to scam them, but my car has recently been burning gas like an ***. Im thinking it might be o2 since its still original. Also I just did a smog on car and it had real high HC numbers. If I recall the maximum allowed was 66 and mine barely passed with 65. So im trying to break down wtf is wrong with my car cuz gas aint cheap anymore you know? You wouldn't happen to know what can cause high numbers of HC would you? Also how do I know that my o2 isn't faulty? Sometimes the o2's are faulty and the freaken ecu doesn't detect it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your car is an OBD2 LEV vehicle. The O2 circuit in the ECU is sensitive as hell. Buy a new O2 sensor. They're like $50.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Schister66 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No...i don't suggest or condone lying, stealing, scamming. I think its a terrible idea. In the end, it just raises the price for the rest of us because you know damn well that Honda isn't going to lose money on the deal.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Definately agree
Old 03-26-2008, 08:06 AM
cute little bastard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Seafoam. That **** fu<U></U>cks everything up
Old 03-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well im not trting to scam them, but my car has recently been burning gas like an ***. Im thinking it might be o2 since its still original. Also I just did a smog on car and it had real high HC numbers. If I recall the maximum allowed was 66 and mine barely passed with 65. So im trying to break down wtf is wrong with my car cuz gas aint cheap anymore you know? You wouldn't happen to know what can cause high numbers of HC would you? Also how do I know that my o2 isn't faulty? Sometimes the o2's are faulty and the freaken ecu doesn't detect it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what you are describing is a scam. but like B serious said, you can pick one up for pretty cheap and its still out of your reach (money wise) just have someone loan you the money.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: This might be stupid idea... (SkoundrelUSA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkoundrelUSA &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try Seafoam. That **** fu<U></U>cks everything up </TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL....yeah it **** everything up, im just trying to *** up the o2. <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Probot &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what you are describing is a scam. but like B serious said, you can pick one up for pretty cheap and its still out of your reach (money wise) just have someone loan you the money.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah I guess so. But damm im tired of this car wasting so much freaken gas even when I granny shift at 3000rpm and cruise in the streets in 5th gear. C'mon something has to be wrong with my car. And knowing this is a honda there are a lot of parts I can throw up to change. Fuel filter,o2,cat,fpr,and the damm list goes on....but yet no one knows why one can get high HC numbers.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mortificationrock &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys feel me right? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel that you're a complete douche bag. You're just like those guys that scam insurance companies and Autozone lifetime warranties, etc. and screw it up for the rest of us. Don't think for a second that you're not a scammer, because you are.

That said, if you do think that the O2 sensor is faulty, take it into the dealership and tell them that it's gone bad.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: This might be stupid idea... (p nut)

Well thi sthread is turning out to be bad.....