Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo.........

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo.........

Just with the last post that I'm still writing on ,

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=507917

I'm in the market of possibly buying a new car. Again, I do consider my hatch as just a fast (if not faster) than the two, but come on. Both of these car are so far inferior for a car being stock. Both cars do run mid 13's (just as mine hatch) but with the comfort of being a new car.

For starter it only had 6 or so miles, so I didn't wanna to get on it. First, it already waas low on gas so needed to go to a nearest gas station first.
Damn hood scoop really do stick out.

gets it first fill-up, premium of corse

6 miles on the tach with a build in shift light.

To start off, I noticed a big major difference in handling. The Evo is far better, just as the some magazine states. Breaking feels the same. The interior is a tad better minus not having a radio. WTF?

A cool diff switch thingy that I wasn't able to figure out yet.

Maybe if I read the cool service manual booklet it might help or some Subaru nuthead can tell me since I'm Mr. All-motor FWD dipshit, lol.

Another pic of the interior,

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D

Another hard-to-find-cannot-get-only-Japen tire, lol

The wing really stick out which I'm not really please about,

It does, however, have a nice deep exhaust noise, only wonder how more will it make with bolt-ons.

A cool powdercoating engine bay, a showwinner for sure, lol

Another pic,

http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D

Overall, since I only drove it to the gas station and did about a mile or two, not really that impress with handling. Now acceleration, yeah, this cars gets up and go unless you know how to shift. The gearing is alot tighter than a NSX 6-speed. I mean, once you wind it up, you gotta shift fast. Also, it does have a build-in shift light on the dash so it will tell you when to shift damn it. Again, this car wasn't design for a amauter, you must learn to shift properly and quickly. But overall, since I didn't want to break it and end up owning it, I didn't go beyond 4th gear, which did feel alot faster than the STi, but handling wise, it does need some work.

I'm going to see when are getting the ones sold so I can actually have for a day or so.

Old 05-28-2003, 02:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (BERT-O)

Man your a lucky guy

Personally, I like the looks of the STi more than the EVO

The Sti looks like it would just be an all out monster when you put some mods on it..

Have Fun
Old 05-28-2003, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (BERT-O)

beautiful car, which would you say you like so far? you didn't drive the sti much, but you get that feeling of which fits you perfectly.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:00 PM

******* ****, that...

1. Scoop is huge.

2. Wing is huge.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (Mr. ThunderLips)

You live in sarasota right...Im in Ft Myers/Cape Coral, and i want a ride in it mang!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice review, Nice car.

Personally. Evo > STi
Old 05-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (Si.Hatch.92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si.Hatch.92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man your a lucky guy

Personally, I like the looks of the STi more than the EVO

The Sti looks like it would just be an all out monster when you put some mods on it..

Have Fun </TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually, I almost felt the sameway untill I actually got to see the STi up close. The wing does not go with the car; too big , and the whole car itself like femanine like whereas the EVO looks more muscluine. Again, I can't spell and this is my opinion.\

But I was only to drive it for about a few miles or so and noticed a slight difference in power. Supposely this car is heavier than the EVO but I believe this car is a tad faster.

But the stock exhaust sounds mean, kinda like a Apexi W/S, nice deep mellow sound.

Old 05-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eddie HatchBlack)

Nice review, but you should profread it next time. I was trying to figure out what you were saying in the last sentece.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It has a STi exhaust on it which is usually an upgrade for the regular WRX so I would expect a meaner sounding car.

I personally like EVO better based of looks, stats vs the STi and comparisions from pretty much every magazine that has done a shootout.
Old 05-28-2003, 03:20 PM

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (Apex i ITR)

no radio? thats pretty hardcore
Old 05-28-2003, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (Optiks)

all i can say is damn...makes me jealous..
Old 05-28-2003, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (turbod16y7vtec)

Just going by looks, it would be the STi all the way. It's just "sqatty" and mean looking, plus those taillights on the EVO annoy me.

Going on performance, it would be the EVO.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (Optiks)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Optiks &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no radio? thats pretty hardcore </TD></TR></TABLE>

it's just so it will pass mpg standards, you are expected to get your own. based on what ive heard i'd take an evo i think, but i havnt driven either one.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (Milano_EH3)

didn't the sti beat it in everything in the past sport compact car? i didn't read the article just skimmed through
Old 05-28-2003, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (euclid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by euclid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

it's just so it will pass mpg standards, you are expected to get your own. based on what ive heard i'd take an evo i think, but i havnt driven either one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

mile per gallon?
Old 05-28-2003, 05:31 PM

damn, I want that STi
Old 05-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha, whats the radio have to do with miles per gallon? does it really weigh that much? maybe you meant something else.

thats a nice kaah.
Old 05-28-2003, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much about the stock handling that's what the aftermarket is for. same goes for the EVO. like people who buys them are gonna to leave them stock forever, hell no.

STi because:

1. doesn't have alteezas as standard equipment
2. I hate the front end of the EVO
3. nothing like having 300 hp on tap
Old 05-28-2003, 05:55 PM
New User

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (sleeperciv)

Old 05-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (tominos)

I still dont understand why it doesnt come with a radio. mpg????
Old 05-28-2003, 06:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (EVIL Hx Coupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EVIL Hx Coupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I still dont understand why it doesnt come with a radio. mpg????</TD></TR></TABLE>

the reason the sti doesn't come with a radio because subaru wanted to make the sti as light as possible. beside they felt most owners will eventually upgrade the stereo system anyways.
Old 05-28-2003, 07:04 PM

damn your so lucky
me personally im feeling the STi more than EVO

i hopefully soon (a couple years) will be in the market for a new car
need to finish school first

as you said i also want something that is fast for a stock car and comfortable at the same time...something that my mom can ride in and not complain about how it gives her a headache

me personally i looking at the new Audi S4...maybe you can test drive it and post a review on it too
Old 05-29-2003, 04:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (sleeperciv)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the reason the sti doesn't come with a radio because subaru wanted to make the sti as light as possible. beside they felt most owners will eventually upgrade the stereo system anyways.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is not TRUE, lol. Subaru of America had to cut down cost to make it worth while to compete with the EVO pricing. So the radio was one of them as goes for the Evo whom Mitsu had to cut cost to elimanate a boost gauge, etc, etc.

According to both Reps that I've been talking to lately.

Believe it or not, these factory reps are more informative than your ordinary EX-GM Honda reps that I've seen through the years. Both companies will have performance mods to be install at most major dealerships, as well with Mazda, Hyundai, Lexus, Toyota and soon Nissan...........Honda, you guys are missing the boat.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sleeperciv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I wouldn't worry too much about the stock handling that's what the aftermarket is for. same goes for the EVO. like people who buys them are gonna to leave them stock forever, hell no.

STi because:

1. doesn't have alteezas as standard equipment
2. I hate the front end of the EVO
3. nothing like having 300 hp on tap</TD></TR></TABLE>

1. yes, the tails are not that great
2. I actually like the front end of an Evo
3. Yep, something that the Evo is short off, but the Evo is lighter too.

Believe it or not, if I do buy one, I may not lowered it since it handles so good to begin with.

Again, I'm getting to an age that I just want to leave it alone, with both of these cars, it ranks up on what I want.

It basically boils down to looks, each car is different in alot of ways. The Sti is smaller inside, whereas the Evo it feels more like a Honda in the inside. More head and shoulder room. Hell, I'm a big bitch too.

Again, looks of the STi is kinda not attractive, my $.02 cents. The hood scoop sticks out too much, as well with the wing. As one of mine best friend calls it (he owns a WRX as well), a Dodge Neon with steroids.

Will have to see in a few weeks.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo......... (soopafly828)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by soopafly828 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn your so lucky
me personally im feeling the STi more than EVO

i hopefully soon (a couple years) will be in the market for a new car
need to finish school first

as you said i also want something that is fast for a stock car and comfortable at the same time...something that my mom can ride in and not complain about how it gives her a headache

me personally i looking at the new Audi S4...maybe you can test drive it and post a review on it too </TD></TR></TABLE>

Exactly, something very very quiet and yet comfortable. My daily driver is 12:1 compression with a Mugen exhaust, and yet, its still loud and bumpy. and annoying at times. My other car is hitting over 200,000 miles and due for a motor swap as well.

The new Audi S4 is supose to be just as fast as both of these cars. I don't have hook-ups at a Audi dealer so I don't know if it will happan. However, I am friends with alot of the VW crew down here, maybe one of them will step up and buy one, lol.

Again, I love my Hondas but the new stuff that Honda has been coming out with, I nod my head and ask why?

Honda was the car to get in the '90s, the AWD clans are the presents of hotrodders, well, if your pocket book allows.

Quick Reply: Might be doing a STi review compare to my EG just like the Evo.........