Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions

Right now, I am in the middle of doing a b18b1 swap along with an auto-manual conversion for a buddy of mine in his auto 93 civic ex. So far, I have gathered these parts:

OBD1 b18b1
OBD1 5spd P75 ecu
5spd Starter
5spd Axels
5spd Pedals
Master and Slave cylinder
B-Series Shift Linkages (missing plate that hold shifter in linkage so if anyone knows where I can get one, PLEASE LMK!!!!)
Shifter
In the hunt for 5spd b-series tranny, clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate. ( If anyone these items in the Upstate SC area that is in good working condition, PLEASE LMK!!!)

Here are my questions...

After searching and searching, I found out that the auto chassis top side tranny mount is slanted upward while the 5spd chassis mount is flat. I have found on Hasports web site that they sell the hydraulic manual transmission mount for the automatic chassis with a nice price tag of $175 Anyways, I have also found that HCP makes mounts for the B-Series into the EG chassis and I am wondering if their top-side tranny mount is the same as the Hasport mount? Wondering this b/c JDMShit.com sells their mounts for $185 shipped which would be the better deal rather than just buying the one Hasport mount for $175. I have thought about having someone fab the mount for me but seeings how I dont have a 5spd tranny right now, I cant get the measurements. Now if someone has the Hasport hydraulic manual transmission mount for the automatic chassis and could supply me with the measurements of it I could have one made and it would be a great help!

My next questions deals with making the car think it is in park in order to remove the key from the ignition after the swap. I know that I will have to run some wires together that are on the plug for the auto shifter but I am unsure what wires those are. I have found a page on here showing the auto shifter plug for the DC chassis with detailed information on which wires to run together and I am wondering if those "pin-outs" are the same for the Civic auto shifter plug. On that page, it says:

" On the shifter for the auto transmission, you will see a 14-wire plug. Cut the plug from the auto shifter assembly,
and leave about 5 inches of wire. Looking at the plug, the positions are
(left to right) (top row) 14,13,12,11,10,9,8 and (bottom row) 7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

Starter and Key removal: Connect wires 10,11,12 together (2 thick black wires and grenn/white) " (https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1255332)

Can anyone confirm for me if those wires are the same on the Civic auto plug and if not, direct me to the correct wires to run together?

Any other "hidden" information about doing this swap would be great help if someone would be willing to help me here. I have never done an auto-manual conversion before so you can consider me a n00b and I am sure I will ask some n00b questions about the conversion..please bear with me here. Once again, any and all help will be greatly appreciated. I am ready to get this thing back on the road. Thanks again guys!

Modified by Trock1029 at 12:05 AM 3/29/2006
Old 03-28-2006, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (Trock1029)

Bump!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (Trock1029)

Cant help you with the measurments but i could help you with the key start. When you look at the plug it is the 2 big wires to hook up and your set. Its really not that hard. Also for the reverse lights you want to run 1 wire from the yel/blk to one of the wires from the reverse light switch, and the grn/blk to the other one, it doesnt matter which goes where its all the same.

Other then that your on the right track. Hardest part is the pedals, man do i hate those pedals. Oh yea if you want to run a clutch safty switch just run the 2 blk wires to the switch and it will work the same.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (Luserkid)

So am I looking to run the two big BLACK wires together in order for the key to come out after the swap? And the clutch saftey thing...Are you talking about wiring the clutch up to where you have to have it pressed in in order to start the car or...Thanks for your help! Anyone else have any info?
Old 03-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

TTT!
Old 03-29-2006, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just put the 2 wires together and your good to go. Ignore what i was saying about the safty switch unless if you really want it.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:34 PM

Bump. I'm doing a similar swap. D15 -> B16A1. Auto -> Manual. Not hijacking, just scoping.
Old 03-30-2006, 08:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can also take off teh bracket on the pass. side and move it forward for the manual mount so that you wont need to buy auto to manual mount
Old 03-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Middle of B-Series Swap along w/ Auto-5spd Conversion...Have some questions (hatchi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatchi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You can also take off teh bracket on the pass. side and move it forward for the manual mount so that you wont need to buy auto to manual mount</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I know I can do that but there is alot more work involved there...Mount would still be angled upward so it would mean that I would have to drill out spot welds, remove mount, go to Honda and get a 92-95 5spd chassis mount and have it welded back on. I dont weld and to have someone to do it would cost as much as the Hasport mount. But thank you for the input! I really appreciate it!

Anyone else have any info on wiring the shifter harness to constantly be in park, where I can get the plate that holds the sifter its self in the linkage, or where I can pick up a possibly used Hasport mount (I know I can buy them from Hasport, just looking to get my buddy out of spending $175)?

Check this WTB link of mine...
WTB: Hasport Hydraulic Manual Transmission Mount for the Automatic Chassis ASAP!!!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:57 AM

cut and weld in a factory bracket or shell out the cash
Old 04-05-2006, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mnneon)

does anybody know if the auto to 5spd mount for the DC chassis will work for the 93 civic auto to manual swap?
Old 04-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mnneon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mnneon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cut and weld in a factory bracket or shell out the cash</TD></TR></TABLE>
bump for that
Old 04-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CBEengineering)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tquick0910 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anybody know if the auto to 5spd mount for the DC chassis will work for the 93 civic auto to manual swap?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Bump for answers