Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

MI snow sucks... my ej just went down the drain basically

Old 01-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MI snow sucks... my ej just went down the drain basically

yeah i was passing someone today in the passing lane shoulder thing, and it had no yet been plowed. Well i lost control and did a 540 and broke a steel sign (ironic... it said no passing) right off at 55. it hit my rear quarter panel. well i didnt have insurance or plates and i was in a ditch just begging for a cop to come, but my friend quick pulled me out and i was so far into like an 8 feet ditch my bumper ripped right off. But its driveable... its going to me my winter beater now sadly. it had no dents or rust...
if i got a new quarter panel... what kind of rate would i be charged to get it welded on? my friend works at a local welding shop, buts it not automotive he can weld like a champ.would this be a good fix?
Old 01-17-2005, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MI snow sucks... my ej just went down the drain basically (homeskillet)

any pics of the damaged rear quarter panel?
Old 01-17-2005, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ok side question for ejone......how in the **** do you have nearly 5k posts and have been here for less than a year?

To the original question:
Welding is welding if its done right. If your friend can do a good job I dont see the problem. As for cost, ask him not us.

Oh, and get some damn insurance and plates before you drive ****.

........**** michigan
Old 01-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im looking for a body shop approximation. if its not too expensive for me then i would way rather have a shop do it for me. yeah and i second that **** michigan u cant have a nice daily driver around here unless its an awd talon/eclipse
Old 01-17-2005, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pdiggitydogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok side question for ejone......how in the **** do you have nearly 5k posts and have been here for less than a year?</TD></TR></TABLE>

why?
Old 01-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Darth ModerVader

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok side question for ejone......how in the f_ck do you have nearly 5k posts and have been here for less than a year?</TD></TR></TABLE>

How do you have over 3700 in less than 2 years?

Oh, and the answer to your original question is that he PW's, of course.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Padawan)

yeah i was a pw in my early ht days
Old 01-17-2005, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (eJone powereD)

Damn that sucks man, snow sucks, I hate Chicago weather man shiiiii
Old 01-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MI snow sucks... my ej just went down the drain basically (homeskillet)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by homeskillet &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah i was passing someone today in the passing lane shoulder thing, and it had no yet been plowed. Well i lost control and did a 540 and broke a steel sign (ironic... it said no passing) right off at 55. it hit my rear quarter panel. well i didnt have insurance or plates and i was in a ditch just begging for a cop to come, but my friend quick pulled me out and i was so far into like an 8 feet ditch my bumper ripped right off. But its driveable... its going to me my winter beater now sadly. it had no dents or rust...
if i got a new quarter panel... what kind of rate would i be charged to get it welded on? my friend works at a local welding shop, buts it not automotive he can weld like a champ.would this be a good fix?</TD></TR></TABLE>

you got what you deserved. Driving 55 on unplowed roads, where it specifically said "No Passing", without plates and without insurance? Glad you are ok, but if you can't afford to drive, don't.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

shut the **** up dude. no one desereves to get into an accident there not cool at all. the no passing sign was for the other lane. i was going down a hill and i couldnt stop. there was a little shoulder pass spot because there was an onramp to the highway there. u can go straight or get onto the highway. the guy in front of me was stopped waitng for oncoming traffic. the road was plowed. just not the shoulder yet. i dont have plates or insurance yes, but now i have to deal with paying for my car to get fixed on my own without the help of insurance. but onto the original deal... anyone have an estimate on what the cost should be? i just need a new quarter panel and have it attached. thanks guys
Old 01-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1) Call a shop
2) Write down their estimation
3) Repeat
4) Call junk yards to find replacement panel
5) Compare yards cost to shop cost
6) Talk to friend about cost
7) Pick the cheapest
Old 01-17-2005, 04:22 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pdiggitydogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">1) Call a shop
2) Write down their estimation
3) Repeat
4) Call junk yards to find replacement panel
5) Compare yards cost to shop cost
6) Talk to friend about cost
7) Pick the cheapest</TD></TR></TABLE>

#1 should be GET SOME ******* INSURRANCE.....who cares about a plate, i mean ya thats what you should do too, but imagine if you did the same **** and slid into another car?? thats so ****** ignorant......thank god your on the other side of the country
Old 01-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok now i must get plates and insurance to get my car out of impound i got pulled over today. sucks but **** happens. i guess fixing my car is #2 on my list now