Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

megan header or dc sports header???

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megan header or dc sports header???

which would u prefer and why? which is better performance?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Re: megan header or dc sports header??? (phackdat)

Megan is the best bang for your buck...
Old 05-08-2005, 11:51 PM

DC Sports puts a lot of R&D money into the development of their headers. All are dyno tested and are CNC mandrel bent for the best flow. They machined the flanges as well to reduce leaking. Really quality made IMO. That's my vote. I like 4-2-1 headers better than 4-1. Megan may be cheaper but I'll put money down that you'll get better results with DCS
Old 05-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: megan header or dc sports header??? (Slipjack)

sometimes mo money doesnt mean better performance...dcs may spend alot on things to get it done but megan could take the idea spend less design tha same but improve lil to it...could it be possible less money product perform lil mo better den mo money product?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:02 AM

Sure it's possible, but DC sports makes amazing headers. It's like comparing AEM cold-air intakes to any other brand. IMO. Sure it'll work great and you'll like it. But if you're trying to squeze out the most HP you can DC is good way to go. Apex-i and Arospeed make good headers too. If you're just trying to make your car more fun to drive... of course, save money and go with the cheaper one.

DC will ensure a virtually leak-free upgrade though.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:05 AM

I can't remember the website, I thought it was lovefab.com but it doesn't appear to be, but someone makes these headers that wrap around like a ram's horns. They are supposed to be great headers... never used them myself. Anyone know the site?

EDIT: I rose above my laziness. It was lovefab ( http://www.lovefabinc.com )
Old 05-09-2005, 12:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phackdat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sometimes mo money doesnt mean better performance...dcs may spend alot on things to get it done but megan could take the idea spend less design tha same but improve lil to it...could it be possible less money product perform lil mo better den mo money product?</TD></TR></TABLE>
that depends on the product and car part.

well, some of the megan products from reading many experienced threads, say they suck.

i've read a few about the megan header, and a few say they're good. hopefully somebody with experience will chime in.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slipjack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can't remember the website, I thought it was lovefab.com but it doesn't appear to be, but someone makes these headers that wrap around like a ram's horns. They are supposed to be great headers... never used them myself. Anyone know the site?

EDIT: I rose above my laziness. It was lovefab ( http://www.lovefabinc.com )</TD></TR></TABLE>
you might mean the Bisi or AN-R headers.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:18 AM

Default Re: megan header or dc sports header??? (jL iLLuZiOnz 9)

Old 05-09-2005, 12:20 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jL iLLuZiOnz 9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you might mean the Bisi or AN-R headers.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, I think it was Bisi. Where's my head today. I'd like to try one of those out just for shiz and giggles but they can cost a good 600-700 when DCS will probably get me the same results. I'll search for AN-R headers.

Sorry about blank post above. Got that "Cannot post due to maintenance" message and I guess that's what happened.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slipjack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yeah, I think it was Bisi. Where's my head today. I'd like to try one of those out just for shiz and giggles but they can cost a good 600-700 when DCS will probably get me the same results. I'll search for AN-R headers.

Sorry about blank post above. Got that "Cannot post due to maintenance" message and I guess that's what happened.</TD></TR></TABLE>
bisi headers&gt;dc. bisi gets more power i believe
Old 05-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is there any dyno proven between them two headers?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by phackdat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">which would u prefer and why? which is better performance?</TD></TR></TABLE>

What motor? Which version, 4-2-1 or 4-1? What collector size? What is the car being used for, daily driver, road race, drag race, etc? These are questions that you should think about before putting out money for any header.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slipjack &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'd like to try one of those out just for shiz and giggles but they can cost a good 600-700 when DCS will probably get me the same results. I'll search for AN-R headers.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

With my current motor, I've used a JDM ITR, US DC 4-1, JDM DC 4-1, and Dynamics stainless 4-1, none of them even come close to the ANR that I use currently. It's a night and day difference. They cost more, but you get more.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:09 AM

Default Re: megan header or dc sports header??? (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">With my current motor, I've used a JDM ITR, US DC 4-1, JDM DC 4-1, and Dynamics stainless 4-1, none of them even come close to the ANR that I use currently. It's a night and day difference. They cost more, but you get more. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What are you using it for? After I go turbo I'm going to be looking into mods to get more out of my D16, at least once I get used to it being boosted. Probably going to get myself a bigger cam and lighter flywheel.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm confused as to what you're trying to do...?

you're looking for a header after you go FI?
Old 05-09-2005, 01:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What are you using it for? After I go turbo I'm going to be looking into mods to get more out of my D16, at least once I get used to it being boosted. Probably going to get myself a bigger cam and lighter flywheel.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My car spends most of it's time in the 5500-9500rpm range, so it works well for me.
Are you looking for a different exhaust manifold for your turbo set up? I'm not clear on what you're doing with the car.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

maybe hes confused and thinking BISI header is a turbo manifold?
Old 05-09-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: megan header or dc sports header??? (rodrez.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rodrez. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My car spends most of it's time in the 5500-9500rpm range, so it works well for me.
Are you looking for a different exhaust manifold for your turbo set up? I'm not clear on what you're doing with the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No no, sorry it was late. Yes I will be in the market for a turbo manifold soon but that didn't relate to why I wanted to know what you were using your car for. Reading my post from last night I'm confused too.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:55 PM

i hit 200 whp with a megan header there way better then dc.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:03 PM

DC may spend all of the money and R&D on the product, but all the generic companies have to do is buy a DC and just duplicate it. Much cheaper and easier and gives the same results.

DC wont come close to an all out race-header like Bisi and AN-R.
Old 05-09-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: (Joebroni)

DC wont come close to an all out race-header like Bisi and AN-R.[/QUOTE] this is true .
Old 05-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Icey112)

Megan is a great discount company...

However, this guy is in California...so I would suggest the DC-Sports header.. (CARB legality)

You can buy a used one for cheap....

I have a DC Sports and I am happy with it...except I wish they designed the secondaries differently because I scrape them sometimes and I'm only lowered 1.8'' in the front.