Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Thinking About An EG hatch

Old 10-20-2005, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking About An EG hatch

im thinking about purchasing an EG hatch, i thought i would come on here and ask around on how much i should expect to pay for one and what problems (rust, shifting, etc...) i should look for whenever i find one that i want. any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thinking About An EG hatch (IRnIntoPrkedCars)

http://www.kbb.com

It all depends on location, mileage, condition, how well matinence was kept up, etc.

lol @ ur username
Old 10-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thinking About An EG hatch (Slow EJ8)

rust on the rear quater panels, and 2nd and or maybe 3rd gear grind
Old 10-20-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Thinking About An EG hatch (Slow EJ8)

is there anything in specific i should look for thoug, i know on some DAs that third gear was a bitch and fucked up often, things like that is what i need help on.

dont you just love my screenname, i thought it was hilarious too
Old 10-20-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Thinking About An EG hatch (tuck'd98)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tuck’d98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">rust on the rear quater panels, and 2nd and or maybe 3rd gear grind</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you
Old 10-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IRnIntoPrkedCars &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">is there anything in specific i should look for thoug, i know on some DAs that third gear was a bitch and fucked up often, things like that is what i need help on.

dont you just love my screenname, i thought it was hilarious too </TD></TR></TABLE>

yea sry i dont know much specific but that site along with opinions of people here can help you get an idea of what its worth if you have a specific car in mind.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:46 AM

what is the difference between the CX hatch, DX hatch, VX hatch and the Si Hatch? sorry to be asking stupid questions, but civics arent my expertice, integras are. and i really like the EG hatches
Old 10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From top to bottom
SI - Sohc vtec
DX - Sohc non-vtec
VX - Sohc vtec-e
CX - Sohc non-vtec 8 valves
Old 10-20-2005, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IRnIntoPrkedCars &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what is the difference between the CX hatch, DX hatch, VX hatch and the Si Hatch? sorry to be asking stupid questions, but civics arent my expertice, integras are. and i really like the EG hatches</TD></TR></TABLE>

cx had a long geared tranny w\ a non vtec d series, vx had vtec-e i think... si hatch has the option of power windows and locks, sun roof, and a d16z6 motor, but you sacrifice all of that for weight (si is heavier then the vx or cx)
Old 10-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Differences in CX, VX, Dx, and Si?

Try this topic:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=150315

That lists the weights, trim level differences (in terms of which add weight) and so forth.

If you're looking to swap immediately then the trim level may not matter so much.

What are your plans for this car?

What kind of budget?

What kind of timeline are you on for modding it?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Thinking About An EG hatch (kaiba)

whats vtec-e? yet again, sorry for the stupid questions, im trying to learn this
Old 10-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

vtec-economy. Can you say gas saver.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:03 PM

oh ok.... motors dont matter, my plans for now are a k20 swap form an rsx-s the dealio was i went to the junkyard looking around for stuff for the DA. i come across an rsx-s that has had the rear demolished, i mean the rear looks like it got hit by a semi or something, so im looking around seeing if i want anything and i get the genius idea to see if it starts up. so we lift the front end of the car up and start it up, amazingly, the engine and tranny ar fine, but it wont move because the rear is destroyed. so i ask bily craig bob joe (aka the junkyard guy) how much he wants for the rsx, he says a grand, i say 800 he says if i have a trailer its 800 if not its a grand. i called up my friend, and i just got myself a k20 for 800 dollars. so seeing as how hasport is gay and taking forever to make the k20 mounts for a 91 integra, i decided i was going to get a hatch. im looking for the hatch around the end of winter or so, because i dont have any money now. but those are my plans so far
Old 10-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IRnIntoPrkedCars &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i say 800 he says if i have a trailer its 800 if not its a grand. i called up my friend, and i just got myself a k20 for 800 dollars. so seeing as how hasport is gay and taking forever to make the k20 mounts for a 91 integra, i decided i was going to get a hatch. im looking for the hatch around the end of winter or so, because i dont have any money now. but those are my plans so far</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow thats awsome, i want a k20 for $800

and in that case u dont need to worry much about what hatch you get motor wise and i suppose the condition of the motor doesnt matter either. Makes shopping for the car alot easier.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IRnIntoPrkedCars &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh ok.... motors dont matter, my plans for now are a k20 swap form an rsx-s the dealio was i went to the junkyard looking around for stuff for the DA. i come across an rsx-s that has had the rear demolished, i mean the rear looks like it got hit by a semi or something, so im looking around seeing if i want anything and i get the genius idea to see if it starts up. so we lift the front end of the car up and start it up, amazingly, the engine and tranny ar fine, but it wont move because the rear is destroyed. so i ask bily craig bob joe (aka the junkyard guy) how much he wants for the rsx, he says a grand, i say 800 he says if i have a trailer its 800 if not its a grand. i called up my friend, and i just got myself a k20 for 800 dollars. so seeing as how hasport is gay and taking forever to make the k20 mounts for a 91 integra, i decided i was going to get a hatch. im looking for the hatch around the end of winter or so, because i dont have any money now. but those are my plans so far</TD></TR></TABLE>

OMG... you lucky baster. Now i hate you. LOL
Old 10-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Former Moderator

Default Re: Thinking About An EG hatch (B18C5-EH2)

Ah damn it I guess i'll list the trim levels before too much misinfo gets posted (like Si hatches having power windows/locks - they never had them standard.)

From shittiest to best:

CX: 70hp 1.5L 8-valve **** engine with longest overall gearing in tranny. 13'' steelies, no tach, no power anything, no rear wiper, no clock, 1992 had vinyl seats (suck ***)

VX: 92hp 1.5L VTEC-E engine for fuel economy with same ****-*** gearing, 13'' alloys, tachometer, better cloth interior, rear diffuser, front chin spoiler, still no power anything, no clock, no rear wiper

DX: 102hp 16-valve 1.5L engine; shorter gearing than CX/VX, rear wiper, 13'' steelies, larger gas tank than CX/VX, no tach, still no power anything except for power steering on AUTO models only, only 92-95 Civic offered in automatic and 5-speed

Si: 125hp VTEC 1.6L SOHC with shortest geared tranny; power moonroof, clock, power steering, cruise control, 14'' steelies with styled wheel covers, best cloth interior, foot rest, tachometer with higher redline than VX, same larger gas tank like DX, rear wiper

No 1992-1995 Civic HATCH had power windows or doorlocks!!! If you've seen one that sis that means someone swapped in EX door panels or aftermarket kits

Having said this A/C was NOT standard on any hatch in 1992-1993. Many dealerships added Genuine Honda A/C kits to them before they ever hit their lots, but it was not an off-the-assembly-line standard. 1994-1995 may be different though.

Also radios were not even standard in 1992, because my wife's 1992 still had the antenna block-off and radio block-off and hers was an Si from the original owner who drove it stock for 5 years like that.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:24 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kaiba &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

OMG... you lucky baster. Now i hate you. LOL </TD></TR></TABLE>

its the perks of living in hicksville indiana.... join the club on hating me...lol youre member #1006. everyone here drives a raised pickup truck, i hate driving on the interstate, i drive a integra that sits like a sodacan and a half off of the ground, all those trucks are like 10 times my car so everyone hates me...lol
Old 10-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Thinking About An EG hatch (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No 1992-1995 Civic HATCH had power windows or doorlocks!!! If you've seen one that sis that means someone swapped in EX door panels or aftermarket kits
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought the 94-95 Si hatches had it as an option? If i am wrong then for you
Old 10-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default 94-95 SI Power DL

The 94-95 did have an option on the SI model to have power door locks. No power windows in any HB, but power door locks were available on the late SI. My brother in law had it on his SI, he bought the fully loaded one with the A/C, power door locks, fog light package, mud flaps, rear speaker sound package, and all the interior carpet pieces. Too bad the thing got ran over by a U-HAUL.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:09 PM

check for damp carpet, especially on the front passenger side foot area, where these hatches are known to leak b/c of a production issue. if you dig deep enough (through the archive), you will find this issue discussed.

EG hatches, depending where you live, usually cost more than KBB pricing. they seem to sell immediately if the seller asks for the KBB price, so goodluck.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (doughboy_88)

get one..just be careful w/ one. damn theives. but that goes to any car you get.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:19 AM
Former Moderator

Default Re: 94-95 SI Power DL (littleredcivic)

You guys with the power doorlock questions/comments:

Call your local Honda dealership's parts department and ask them for a 1995 Civic Si 3 door power doorlock actuator or master window switch.

...they're not available, because power doorlocks never existed from the FACTORY on any 1992-1995 Civic hatch - Si or not.

Honda dealerships added all sorts of options to cars once they hit their lots. Power doorlocks could be just another option added by a dealership, no matter how OE it might look.

Hell I've seen plenty of HX, DX, LX Civics with nice power moonroofs on them - again dealer-installed, not from the factory.

Modified by B18C5-EH2 at 9:05 AM 10/21/2005
Old 10-21-2005, 05:02 AM
I am a (Trial User) Army

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 94-95 SI Power DL (B18C5-EH2)

I love my power windows on my DX.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Cx, Vx, Dx, or a Si? Stock, or modded?

Old 10-21-2005, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 94-95 SI Power DL (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You guys with the power doorlock questions/comments:

Call your local Honda dealership's parts department and ask them for a 1995 Civic Si 3 door power doorlock actuator or master window switch.

...they're not available, because power doorlocks never existed from the FACTORY on any 1992-1995 Civic hatch - Si or not.

Honda dealerships added all sorts of options to cars once they hit their lots. Power doorlocks could be just another option added by a dealership, no matter how OE it might look.

Hell I've seen plenty of HX, DX, LX Civics with nice power moonroofs on them - again dealer-installed, not from the factory.

Modified by B18C5-EH2 at 9:05 AM 10/21/2005</TD></TR></TABLE>

bingo. i am looking at the honda parts computer right at work (honda dealership), everything said is correct

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thinking About An EG hatch