Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

MAP and TPS confusion.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAP and TPS confusion.

Hey guys, I don't post to terribly often only when I am really in a bind. I'm finishing a motor swap for a friend but am really running into some issues. I had no problem adding in vtec to the harness but this harness was a little hacked to begin with and am having serious trouble decyphering what this plug is and where th MAP is. The strange thing is the 3 wire TPS is there but in the place that the MAP usually comes out is a 2 wire plug colored blue/white and yellow/black. Lastly, the harness is originally out of a Honda Civic CX. Did this harness run a different MAP? If so what do I need to do to add the third wire?

I guess my question is, what is the blue/white and yellow/black wires? And where is the 3 wire MAP sensor on this harness?

Here are a couple pictures for referance;

Somebody please enlighten me.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MAP and TPS confusion.

That's what I've been telling everyone. You must invest in a Service Manual. I don't recall on top of my head, cause I'm at work and I don't have my Service Manual here. The dual wire harness plug could be for...1. Coolant temp. sensor w/ the 2 wires. 2. IACV. 3. The plug related to the Purge Canister. When I get off work I'll look up the color codes.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Seagull Management

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

The round plug is for the IACV. I don't see a MAP sensor plug on the harness, if its there it comes from the same area the TPS plug comes from, unless it came from a '92 - '93 DX or LX model which used a firewall mounted MAP sensor (these cars use a seperate harness for the MAP sensor thats actually part of the underdash cabin harness)
Old 12-18-2009, 06:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hey thank you so much! I was so confused. The car is a DX I was told wrong! I just ran the VIN. However, it still doesn't completely solve my problem do you know where the pins go in on the cannon plug? I know where the white one goes but the green/wht and the yellow/red are still a mystery to me. If you could help me out again I would appreciate it! Also there is another set of two plugs, one is the intake air temperature sensor and do not know what the other is. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Man, I think you need to invest on a Service Manual, so you could figure out what color code they are and what components they go to. Good luck tho.