Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

map sensor help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default map sensor help!!!

okay i have a 92 eg and recently done a 96 d16y8 head swap (mini meeh) to it....and i notice that the obd2 civics has only one map sensor that connects to the top of the throttle body. but on the older civics there are a map sensor, some sort of filter that a plug is connected to and another plug with a probe that goes into the intake manifold. well i improvised one of the sensors by running a vacume tude to the top of the throttle body, but the sensor with the probe that suppose to go into the throttle bodyi can't figure where to put it since the obd2 intake manifolds doesn't have it. So i was wondering will i be able to just insert in to a vacume tube on the intake manifold or would i need to tap the intake manifold and JB weld the probe sensor. any info will help...thanks

here are the pics of two plugs the one with the filter i took care of, i just need to figure out where stick the probe in (and no i don't think sticking it up my *** will work lol)

now where can i stick this at??
Old 07-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: map sensor help!!! (flipldls)

the white thing in ur second pik is the air temp sensor and in obd2 cars they had it in the intake charge since u have a obd2 head now. so you have to come up with something either run it to the intake charge pipe or get a diffrent intake mainifold