Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Manifold pressures for fuel tuning

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 05:06 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manifold pressures for fuel tuning

I'm trying to figure out what the MAP values are for idle and high load so i know how to adjust the tables. My B18c is running really rich, like it cuts off after the engine warms up and the IAC closes. I have RC 440 high impedance injectors, individual coil packs, 14:1 compression at .5 over cylinder bore and Crespo stage 4 cams. Just read the fuel pressure today of 52 PSI at idle and almost 60 at high throttle position, like %90.

I'm so lost and have been trying to get this engine to work for about 2 years. weekend casual hobby you know.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 286 Likes on 245 Posts
Default Re: Manifold pressures for fuel tuning

Ok so lots of info left out here. I see some mods listed except for tuning program.. what are you using? What are ALL your mods? Etc..
Old 04-10-2017, 04:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Manifold pressures for fuel tuning

Originally Posted by TheWifeDoctor
I'm trying to figure out what the MAP values are for idle and high load so i know how to adjust the tables. My B18c is running really rich, like it cuts off after the engine warms up and the IAC closes. I have RC 440 high impedance injectors, individual coil packs, 14:1 compression at .5 over cylinder bore and Crespo stage 4 cams. Just read the fuel pressure today of 52 PSI at idle and almost 60 at high throttle position, like %90.

I'm so lost and have been trying to get this engine to work for about 2 years. weekend casual hobby you know.
What software are you tuning with? You should be able to run a data log with almost any system you would be using telling you what everything is doing at any given point. This will tell you your exact values for your car. What fuel pump are you running? 440cc @ 52-60psi is a healthy dose of fuel for an NA 1.8. What I personally would do first is bump the fuel pressure down to something like 45psi and then run a datalog of idle and low rpm cruising. Take that log and look ar your AFRs and then adjust accordingly. After this Is set, take the car back out and do a third Gear pull from ~3000 RPM to rev limit, again while logging. Then take this data log back to the drawing board and adjust your WOT/high load AFRs. I would also recommend throwing a brand new set of spark plugs in before you start, and taking a look at them after each pull so you can get an idea of what's going on in each cylinder from reading those as well.