Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Making room in the dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making room in the dash

Is there anyplace that makes a piece for the dash that will double the height of the stereo compartment of a '95 Civic? Thanks.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Re: Making room in the dash (Musicman247)

the optional audio console can be used as a double din I think.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:02 PM

What exactly would the optional audio console be? Sorry, I'm a n00b.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The optional audo console is available at a Honda dealer. It takes the place of your spring-loaded cupholders. It can be used for single DIN or double DIN applications. There are also JDM center consoles such as the one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
Old 08-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Making room in the dash (whitewonder)

optional audio console and the jdm center console are the same thing. and you can find them anywhere except the dealer.

Old 08-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i checked at the dealer about a year ago and they still offered them
Old 08-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making room in the dash (philosofy1)

"optional audio console and the jdm center console are the same thing. and you can find them anywhere except the dealer."

Absolutely wrong.

First of all, you can buy them at a Honda dealer.

Part numbers:

Black:08U60-SR0-112A
Gray:08U60-SR0-162A

They are in the Honda warehouses and available for special order.

Secondly, the USDM consoles come with an open plastic pocket that does not have a door. The ashtray is a rectangle shape instead of the irregular shaped JDM ones.
Old 08-19-2006, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whitewonder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Secondly, the USDM consoles come with an open plastic pocket that does not have a door. The ashtray is a rectangle shape instead of the irregular shaped JDM ones. </TD></TR></TABLE>

WOW! a door, that's it. for some reason i can't find what an irregular shape looks like. can you show me the difference between a rectangle and a irregular shape.

and thanks for the part #'s but i already have them. and maybe 2 of my local dealerships are liars, but according to them the item has been discontinued!
Old 08-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I listed a link for a JDM one on Ebay above. ^^

I'm sure you can utilize some search skills and find a pic of the USDM one.

"and thanks for the part #'s but i already have them. and maybe 2 of my local dealerships are liars, but according to them the item has been discontinued!"

Do you live in the US? If so, your local dealers are unfortunately lying to you.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whitewonder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I listed a link for a JDM one on Ebay above. ^^

I'm sure you can utilize some search skills and find a pic of the USDM one.

"and thanks for the part #'s but i already have them. and maybe 2 of my local dealerships are liars, but according to them the item has been discontinued!"

Do you live in the US? If so, your local dealers are unfortunately lying to you. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well good to know! i'll run to the dealer today and tell them "whitewonder - says your lying and you need to sell it to me, right now, DAMN IT!"
Old 08-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well good to know! i'll run to the dealer today and tell them "whitewonder - says your lying and you need to sell it to me, right now, DAMN IT!" </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is why Honda-Tech sucks these days. People like you feel the need to be an ******* for no reason. The part is obviously available somewhere...

Edit: Your avatar explains it all. You watch Nickelodeon. Hahahaha.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

"well good to know! i'll run to the dealer today and tell them "whitewonder - says your lying and you need to sell it to me, right now, DAMN IT!" "

Have fun, buddy. Sorry that your local dealers are ******. I work at a dealer and they are available.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh expletive me now all of a sudden I'm interested. Are there any of those audio consoles that can get rid of that spring loaded excuse for a cup holder infront of my shifter (like you said this one would) and have a new cupholder in my dash or something? I mean I'm not expecting a pop open deal like my GTI because it's a honda.....but anything like that at all?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making room in the dash (Toroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is why Honda-Tech sucks these days. People like you feel the need to be an ******* for no reason. The part is obviously available somewhere...</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for putting in your opinion, but i'm not a *******. he's claims they're different and can be found at the dealer. i beg to differ. the usdm and jdm ones are basically the same, with very minor differences, and i couldn't find them at my local dealers only on ebay or tuner sites.

when i posted this:
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well good to know! i'll run to the dealer today and tell them "whitewonder - says your lying and you need to sell it to me, right now, DAMN IT!" </TD></TR></TABLE>

i was just trying to be funny. the reason this site might suck is because of dumb asses like you. who just jump in to post remarks so they can start ****. next time read all the post before you make an assumption.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

Syndacate-
"Are there any of those audio consoles that can get rid of that spring loaded excuse for a cup holder infront of my shifter (like you said this one would) and have a new cupholder in my dash or something?"

You have to remove the cup holders to install this console. Unfortunately, the console doesn't include any cupholders, so you would have none if you choose to install it.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh expletive me now all of a sudden I'm interested. Are there any of those audio consoles that can get rid of that spring loaded excuse for a cup holder infront of my shifter (like you said this one would) and have a new cupholder in my dash or something? I mean I'm not expecting a pop open deal like my GTI because it's a honda.....but anything like that at all?</TD></TR></TABLE>

with the option console you don't have a cup holder unless you get the arm rest, or you can find one that will fit either in the console or move you stereo to the console then add a cup holder where the stereo goes.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (whitewonder)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whitewonder &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Syndacate-
"Are there any of those audio consoles that can get rid of that spring loaded excuse for a cup holder infront of my shifter (like you said this one would) and have a new cupholder in my dash or something?"

You have to remove the cup holders to install this console. Unfortunately, the console doesn't include any cupholders, so you would have none if you choose to install it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

do you not know how to quote people?
Old 08-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making room in the dash (Toroke)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Toroke &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Edit: Your avatar explains it all. You watch Nickelodeon. Hahahaha.</TD></TR></TABLE>

appearently you do to since you know where it's from. but then again ask how many parents on h-t watches nickelodeon with there kids. i bet a whole lot, retard.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I'm fairly sure the JDM on tilts towards the passenger seat as well... and it mounts differently.

I'm also 99pct sure you CAN get the USDM ones... they might be discontinued but that doesn't mean they don't have them in a warehouse somewhere.

Considering the poster who says they're available works at a dealer I'd tend to take his word for it.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:04 PM

Thank you all for your help! I search the product # on http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and found it right away! Too bad it's so expensive! $105!

http://www.hondaautomotivepart...umber+---