Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Making my civic faster

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making my civic faster

i have a 92 civic with a 99 motor that i am trying to make faster...anyone has any clues on how to do this...and unfortunately it is an automatic
Old 06-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Making my civic faster (automaticklutch)

Push the gas down harder.

You can't make a car faster! Silly!
Old 06-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kind of 99 motor?
Old 06-23-2007, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkyliteCustomz)

get the VTAK stickers !!! Did it to mines n now my tires Smoke !!!!
Old 06-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (uneek360)

Full Name Saeed Jacob
Email Address [Hidden]
Location Brooklyn / Baltimore Ny / Md united States
Age 17

Figures.

Details kid, details.

1) What motor do you have
2) Making an auto honda fast is for idiots or those trying to prove a point and have too much time/money
3) boost will be cheapest

Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

age really doesnt have to do with anything
im 16 and im about to swap my eg with a b16 by myself
Old 06-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: (Ran4it2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ran4it2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">age really doesnt have to do with anything
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, but you don't ask questions like that.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Making my civic faster (suspendedHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by suspendedHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Push the gas down harder.

You can't make a car faster! Silly!</TD></TR></TABLE>omfg....lol
Old 06-23-2007, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Making my civic faster (motor_man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ran4it2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">age really doesnt have to do with anything
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, lol.

"I WANT FAST"

"I WANT B16"

Then 2.5k dollars later they realize 1.5 seconds faster than stock in the quarter mile isn't "fast" and try to sell the car.

Woo for rice!, , BIGGGG
Old 06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Focus on building your suspension first...Get a complete Gs-R brake disc suspension. then invest into stiffening the chassis...such as rollcage, lcas, etc.

A motor such as the B16 has great potential for boost.

Just give yourself a set of goals....drag or autocross.

Good Luck
Old 06-23-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was thinking more along the lines of.
Him being 16.
Probably has a part time job.
b16s are becoming/become cheaper to mod and buy in general.
Not because they think its the fastest thing in the world.

whatever Syndacrap
Old 06-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making my civic faster (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yup, lol.

"I WANT FAST"

"I WANT B16"

Then 2.5k dollars later they realize 1.5 seconds faster than stock in the quarter mile isn't "fast" and try to sell the car.

Woo for rice!, , BIGGGG </TD></TR></TABLE>

when did the kid say he wanted to go fast with his b16 he just said he was doing his own swap...
Old 06-23-2007, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making my civic faster (importfan0103)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by importfan0103 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

when did the kid say he wanted to go fast with his b16 he just said he was doing his own swap...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why swap motors if you're not looking to go fast? Too much money?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ifIexplode &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was thinking more along the lines of.
Him being 16.
Probably has a part time job.
b16s are becoming/become cheaper to mod and buy in general.
Not because they think its the fastest thing in the world.

whatever Syndacrap</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're on a budget go w/ an LS, an LS w/ a B16 trans will eat up B16's all day, the only reason a B16 will win is because of its silly short trans.

I never said it was the fastest thing in the world, just the inverse actually. It just seems to be practical 16/17 year old ricer logic. "Once I get X amount of dollars I'm gonna go buy a B16 - y'know, the 99/00 Si motor?" - or "I can't wait to swap in my B16, DOHC VTEC."

I've seen too many pple with the same MO to think differently of any of them.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making my civic faster (importfan0103)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yup, lol.

"I WANT FAST"

"I WANT B16"

Woo for rice!, , BIGGGG </TD></TR></TABLE>

Syndacate, it's the idiots who ask dumbass questions and think a stock b16 is super fast and try to get respect from other people. Those kids are gay. But let's not call a b16 swap in an eg rice, because it's what every other honda is. He never mentioned being fast. I think it''d great he's doing that himself. Now if he brags about it, then it's another story. Just because you're not the biggest fan of a stock b16, don't call it rice. (No one should be a fan of a stock b16) And to me, partially why you pay extra dollar for a b16 is because 1) dohc 2) has more potential w/ stock internals (like boost and sc)

Anyway<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Full Name Saeed Jacob
Email Address [Hidden]
Location Brooklyn / Baltimore Ny / Md united States
Age 17

Figures.

Details kid, details.

1) What motor do you have
2) Making an auto honda fast is for idiots or those trying to prove a point and have too much time/money
3) boost will be cheapest

</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol, you're 18 ek guy, not that much older than 17 But at least you know what you're talking about. Question to the OP- what the hell is a 99 motor???? that could be many different things. And like stated, simply put, BOOST!
Old 06-23-2007, 07:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boost_V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Syndacate, it's the idiots who ask dumbass questions and think a stock b16 is super fast and try to get respect from other people. Those kids are gay. But let's not call a b16 swap in an eg rice, because it's what every other honda is. He never mentioned being fast. I think it''d great he's doing that himself. Now if he brags about it, then it's another story. Just because you're not the biggest fan of a stock b16, don't call it rice. (No one should be a fan of a stock b16) And to me, partially why you pay extra dollar for a b16 is because 1) dohc 2) has more potential w/ stock internals (like boost and sc)

Anyway

lol, you're 18 ek guy, not that much older than 17 But at least you know what you're talking about. Question to the OP- what the hell is a 99 motor???? that could be many different things. And like stated, simply put, BOOST!</TD></TR></TABLE>...............
Old 06-23-2007, 07:08 PM

with auto tranny.u wont get any faster
Old 06-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making my civic faster (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">with auto tranny.u wont get any faster</TD></TR></TABLE> well.................he can, but it's not worth w/ auto tranny.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making my civic faster (Boost_V)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boost_V &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Point taken.

My point is simply that there's way too many kids running around w/ their DX's just waiting for that next check from autozone so they can swap in a B16 and own everybody the area.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Point taken.

My point is simply that there's way too many kids running around w/ their DX's just waiting for that next check from autozone so they can swap in a B16 and own everybody the area.</TD></TR></TABLE> LoL, trust me, i know what you're saying.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:13 PM

theres nothing wrong with dx's i have a 98 but i have the d16y7 in it and stickin with it... but its a daily not a project
Old 06-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Making my civic faster (motor_man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by motor_man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">theres nothing wrong with dx's i have a 98 but i have the d16y7 in it and stickin with it... but its a daily not a project</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you for completely missing the point.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:19 PM

Thank you for completely missing the point.</TD></TR></TABLE>oh.. ok, sorry i misread brain fart.....
Old 06-23-2007, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

first- buy another car. converting that automatic is gonna coast alot.

buy a 92-95 civic 5 speed. save money and buy a complete b16 swap with LSD tranny. great tranny and great head. then buy a LS/b20 block and go LS/vtec
Old 06-23-2007, 07:21 PM

Thank you for completely missing the point.</TD></TR></TABLE>i was under the impression that u were saying y7's were crap, and thats why people swap'em now u kno that i read to fast..
Old 06-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Performance Freaks EH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by motor_man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh.. ok, sorry i misread brain fart..... </TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by motor_man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was under the impression that u were saying y7's were crap, and thats why people swap'em now u kno that i read to fast..</TD></TR></TABLE>

No worries, as long as you understand where I'm coming from in terms of my point simply being there's too many ricer idiots who are saving up for B16's because they think it's faster than light. I really have nothing against the B16, I just think NA it's made out to be a lot more than it actually is, though it's usually the people who purchase them that I have a problem with. If they know what EXACTLY they're getting into before they swap OR they're doing it for boost it's a whole different story.

I just wish more pple would drive a B16 for a week before deciding it's the fastest Honda motor and saving up for it thinking they're gonna dick-smack vettes with it.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Performance Freaks EH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">first- buy another car. converting that automatic is gonna coast alot.

buy a 92-95 civic 5 speed. save money and buy a complete b16 swap with LSD tranny. great tranny and great head. then buy a LS/b20 block and go LS/vtec</TD></TR></TABLE>

An automatic to manual swap on a 5th or 6th generation civic doesn't cost a lot.

Quick Reply: Making my civic faster