Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

magnaflow 2.25" catback problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnaflow 2.25" catback problems

first of all i have done searched

all right my freind just received his magnaflow 2.25" catback and there is a extra pipe for where the cat goes welp it says on some applications it will need to be used the thing is my other freind has same catback same engine (d16z6) and didnt have to use it the car that it didnt fit right on also has a dc sports 4-2-1 header would that make a difference or wut could he buy a aftermarket cat that might b longer or wut we can't figure it out plz help would be great
Old 07-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: magnaflow 2.25" catback problems (sohctodohc)

Periods are your friend. And I don't understand your problem besides it not fitting right. What does this mean? It's too short? Crooked? What chassis is the car that you're working on right now? And what is the chassis of your other friend who also has a Magnaflow exhaust that I'm assuming is installed okay?
Old 07-19-2004, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: magnaflow 2.25" catback problems (Daniel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Periods are your friend. And I don't understand your problem besides it not fitting right. What does this mean? It's too short? Crooked? What chassis is the car that you're working on right now? And what is the chassis of your other friend who also has a Magnaflow exhaust that I'm assuming is installed okay?</TD></TR></TABLE>

the piping when the cat left on will not reach the cat. yes it is to short. nope nt crooked. both 94 eg wutever. one works one doesnt. im sorta confused
Old 07-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try using the extension then and see if that helps. Is this car a coupe or sedan? Because I believe the EG hatch piping is shorter than EG coupe/sedan piping, no? This means it wouldn't require the supplied extension pipe. Is the other friend with the Magnaflow exhaust running an EG hatch?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Try using the extension then and see if that helps. Is this car a coupe or sedan? Because I believe the EG hatch piping is shorter than EG coupe/sedan piping, no? This means it wouldn't require the supplied extension pipe. Is the other friend with the Magnaflow exhaust running an EG hatch? </TD></TR></TABLE>

we tried the extension it sounds like a damn cow. both cars are coupe. i dont no im lost. we pulled and yanked on everything but still didnt help. would the header make a difference tho?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yep, very weird for sure. Assuming the cat is stock and the exhaust is correct for the car, everything should work fine. It could be possible you've been sent the wrong exhaust model. If your other friend doesn't have problems with his Magnaflow then that's probably the case. But what do you mean it sounds like a cow with the extension? If you bolted on the extension and everything fits okay then there really isn't too much of a problem except for that sound, which I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Daniel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yep, very weird for sure. Assuming the cat is stock and the exhaust is correct for the car, everything should work fine. It could be possible you've been sent the wrong exhaust model. If your other friend doesn't have problems with his Magnaflow then that's probably the case. But what do you mean it sounds like a cow with the extension? If you bolted on the extension and everything fits okay then there really isn't too much of a problem except for that sound, which I'm not sure what you mean by that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

baisically it sounds like a lil raspy universal fart can with the insides blown out haha yea that bad. im almost sure it is the right exhaust for his car. plus if the header didnt make a difference coud he buy a longer cat or get a glasspack put on? if the glass p0ack is put on wont that kill the performance of the exhaust? neone out there with this exhaust on there d16z6 havin fitment problems plz help