Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 04:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan..........

what the ****?!!?! I buy this ******* POS 88 CRX Si as a daily driver, because I needed somethign reliable to get me to work. And what the **** happens today? THe goddamn thing ****** leaves me stranded for 2 hours on the side of the highway. ****** piece of ****......

Car was fine last night, today I was merging onto the highway and hit the gas in 3rd..... the RPMs shot way up, but the car didn't accelerate at all...... ok, what the ****? Downshift, upshift..... try it all..... the car kinda catches gear and accelrates a LITTLE bit, but wont go over 40, and if i ht the gas the revs just shoot up....

Get off at an exit close to my house..... ****...... there's a hill. Car doesn;t make it up hill. So I push the ****** 3/4 of the way up, throw it in reverse (which really doesn't work now that the clutch refuses to catch..) and roll back down the hill, onto a side street thats a little higher up but not on as steep an incline...

Push the bitch to the highest part on the hill, scream and curse at the thing and try to fix it. No holes in the tranny, cv joints ok, axles are still in there, and I figure its probably the clutch anyways. Strange thing is, that it happened suddenly.... not like it wore down gradually at all, besides on the road, as it got worse, to the point where the car wouldn;t ****** move.....

OK, so I adjust the clutch cable all the way out, so the clutch engages at the floor. Finally, the car stalls out when i let off the clutch while it's in gear. (this is a good thing, considering it is normal for the car to do that, and the fact that i could start the car in gear with no clutch and shift freely for a bit today on the side of the road, just not go anywhere.)

So now the car still revs out and doesn't catch much at all, but it gets enough to get going to about 30mph after about an 1/8 mile.

So now i wonder, what the **** is wrong with this ************? I guess I'll figure it out once i tear the tranny off tonight, but I don't wanna take it off if the problem is some little bullshit like the ****** cable or something......

Clutch disc fried?
Bad Pilot/throw out bearings?
Stripped clutch cable?

Any other ideas?

2000 bucks in debt, 2 broken cars, man things just keep ****** gettin better.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.......... (Phatwhippin_CRX)

**** wrong forum, someone put this in the ef forum please? thanks
Old 08-08-2002, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

the language!

Bad luck dude..sorry to hear
Old 08-08-2002, 05:40 AM

Default Re: maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.......... (DevinW)

hey, if its an 88 rex, you might as well replace the clutch whether or not that is the problem, cuz somewhere down the road its bound to go out. hope u get it running again. good luck
Old 08-08-2002, 06:11 AM

i would say that the problem would be the clutch. when my clutch went it was also a surprise. it almost got me stranded on the side of the highway. i had to drive the car home throwing it in to every gear without using the clutch just reved it to around 2 1/2 and slipped it into gear. good luck