Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

lsvtech

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lsvtech

alrite i built a b18b1 out of a 94 integra and took the head from a b16a2 an put together lsvtech. we started the car it ittles great no miss at all but there is a very light ticking sound comein from the head. weve checked for valve tap adjusted the valves and dont know whats goin on. help me out
Old 01-05-2007, 04:21 PM

Did your valve cover say Vtech, or Vtec?

I know you said you did it already, but i'd do a valve adjustment.

Is the timing correct? I hope you guys knew what you were doing and didnt just simply put the B16 head on the block and just torque it down and call it a day.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lsvtech (dodd95ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dodd95ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alrite i built a b18b1 out of a 94 integra and took the head from a b16a2 an put together lsvtech. we started the car it ittles great no miss at all but there is a very light ticking sound comein from the head. weve checked for valve tap adjusted the valves and dont know whats goin on. help me out</TD></TR></TABLE>

in for some answers because my motor is also doing the same which has been bothering me too..
Old 01-05-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: lsvtech (B18CivicEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CivicEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

in for some answers because my motor is also doing the same which has been bothering me too..</TD></TR></TABLE>

When the head is ticking, you generally need a valve adjustment with feeler gauges. It could be a few other things but I've always checked that first and it usually quiets things down alot.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: lsvtech (I Shot 50 Cent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When the head is ticking, you generally need a valve adjustment with feeler gauges. It could be a few other things but I've always checked that first and it usually quiets things down alot. </TD></TR></TABLE>

cool...im not all that familiar with working inside the motor...imma do a search for this but do you know where i can find something that tells me how to adjust the valves on a LS b18b motor??also, the guy i bought the motor from was a guy i knew who told me that it had JG camshafts and i know it has JG camgears but would that be a prob when it comes to adjusting them??
Old 01-05-2007, 04:37 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CivicEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

cool...im not all that familiar with working inside the motor...imma do a search for this but do you know where i can find something that tells me how to adjust the valves on a LS b18b motor??also, the guy i bought the motor from was a guy i knew who told me that it had JG camshafts and i know it has JG camgears but would that be a prob when it comes to adjusting them??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Since you have a B18B1 I would check out http://www.team-integra.net . There is alot of information and articles on that site that would help you out. I believe they actually have a full article with pictures on how to properly adjust valves using the feeler gauges and exactly which specs you'll be shooting for.

Good luck man!
Old 01-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Since you have a B18B1 I would check out http://www.team-integra.net . There is alot of information and articles on that site that would help you out. I believe they actually have a full article with pictures on how to properly adjust valves using the feeler gauges and exactly which specs you'll be shooting for.

Good luck man! </TD></TR></TABLE>

ahh...thanks alot man...appreciated...

dodd95ls
Sorry to thread jack yo...
Old 01-05-2007, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres some very usefull information on lsvtec

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1676914
Old 01-05-2007, 04:43 PM

ahh...thanks alot man...appreciated...

dodd95ls
Sorry to thread jack yo...</TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem! And I'm tellin you man...for real technical information regarding B Series motors....Team-Integra.net is the place to go. They have strict rules against negative replies and flamers. You'll literally get NOTHING but great help and positive knowledge on that site. If you cannot find what you're looking for by searching, create a thread asking for a link for the article on adjusting valve lash and within minutes you'll get exactly what you're looking for!

Good luck man! my name there is Jerseyloon. Shoot me a PM over there if you have problems with anything.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by I Shot 50 Cent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No problem! And I'm tellin you man...for real technical information regarding B Series motors....Team-Integra.net is the place to go. They have strict rules against negative replies and flamers. You'll literally get NOTHING but great help and positive knowledge on that site. If you cannot find what you're looking for by searching, create a thread asking for a link for the article on adjusting valve lash and within minutes you'll get exactly what you're looking for!

Good luck man! my name there is Jerseyloon. Shoot me a PM over there if you have problems with anything.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, i actually found it really quick....and it has an AWSOME DIY write up with very useful pics... to you for the help and to that site...
Old 01-05-2007, 05:11 PM

ive ajusted the valves 4 times my self with a feeler gage and took it to a import shop an had them ajust them but we cant figure out the problem...the head has been drilled for lsvtech its been shaved a little bit but that aint the problem. timing is perfect it jus sounds like valve chatter
Old 01-05-2007, 06:40 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: lsvtech (dodd95ls)

why do you keep spelling it as vtech when it says vtec right on your valvecover?

how old is the head? it could be bad lma's causing the clicking.