Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

LSVTEC tubro vs all motor??

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSVTEC tubro vs all motor??

im half way done with my lsvtec and im at the point to decide wheather to go tubro or allmotor setup. i have seen some b20 tubro and there hitting close the 400hp. i want my motor the be fast and also a daily driver without sacificing the realibility of the motor.

high compression or low compression? which would have best cost for the power and not alot of mantience on the motor?

which would be the best setup of the motor?
Old 07-17-2003, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LSVTEC tubro vs all motor?? (hungry4popcorn)

its an LSvtec, worry about it being reliable period.

what is your setup so people have a general idea, so we dont tell you what to do, even though your engine isnt built for it.

is it resleeved, are you using any stock internals, if not, what internals are you using
Old 07-17-2003, 10:32 AM

Default Re: LSVTEC tubro vs all motor?? (JUN EK9)

its ready to be put together and mainly stock?
Old 07-17-2003, 11:40 AM

I think an LS vtec turbo would be a nice setup.
I would deff sleeve the motor w/ forged internals.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:40 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN EK9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its an LSvtec, worry about it being reliable period.

what is your setup so people have a general idea, so we dont tell you what to do, even though your engine isnt built for it.

is it resleeved, are you using any stock internals, if not, what internals are you using</TD></TR></TABLE>

definitely worry about the reliability with that motor. i know many people with problems with their ls/vtec or b20vtec. IMO, if you wanted daily driver you shouldnt have gone ls/vtec. sweet combo though list your setup
Old 07-17-2003, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man, thats the stupidest **** ive ever heard. Im SOOOOOOOOOO sick of hearing people say how ls vtecs are NOT reliable.. ARGGGG...

If you take a ls block, make sure its freshened up and doesnt have 100k on it, and you put a vtec head on it. The car will BE PERFECTLY FINE.. NO ISSUES...

nevermind. arguing in here is like paddling on the titanic
Old 07-17-2003, 11:57 AM

Default Re: LSVTEC tubro vs all motor?? (DIY_Racing)

It all depends who builds the engine. The question you have asked and the way you worded them makes me think you should stick with NA.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:00 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIY_Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man, thats the stupidest **** ive ever heard. Im SOOOOOOOOOO sick of hearing people say how ls vtecs are NOT reliable.. ARGGGG...

If you take a ls block, make sure its freshened up and doesnt have 100k on it, and you put a vtec head on it. The car will BE PERFECTLY FINE.. NO ISSUES...

nevermind. arguing in here is like paddling on the titanic</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree 100% with you. Besides I like a good challenge.

Personally I'd build the engine and run n/a for some break in time. This will give you plenty of time to decide turbo kit, which kit, or if your going to piece together a custom kit. Good luck on your engine I hope you have researched alot and are at very picky about the assembly and you will be fine.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIY_Racing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Man, thats the stupidest **** ive ever heard. Im SOOOOOOOOOO sick of hearing people say how ls vtecs are NOT reliable.. ARGGGG...

nevermind. arguing in here is like paddling on the titanic</TD></TR></TABLE>

he never stated what he would be using for internals. because LS rods are ****,

and the rod bolts are gonna go if he doesnt replace them with ARP.

if that lsvtec isnt near bulletproof, something will go wrong.

lets just wait and see how long it takes for him to tell us the rod shot thru the sleeve at 9k RPM, because he thought that LSvtec's were able to rev that high on stock components

im not saying you cant make an LS/VTEC a good reliable motor, you just need to know what your doing, and dont cut corners on the build up, or it will come up and bite you in the ***.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:27 PM

You dont knwo what your talking about.. The motor doesnt need to be BULLET PROOF.. jeesus.. where do you get this from???

An LS rod is capable of handling 300hp on a well tuned motor.... Key word is WELL TUNED.... As for the rod bolts, they arent gonna go anywhere man.... BUTTTTT, if he does rev the motor to 9k rpms ya things will go wrong, but they would go wrong on any other motor that wasnt prepared or tuned to rev that high.

All he needs to do is stay around 8000-8500 rpms max, put new rod bolts on, and thats it... I dont know what his horsepower goals are but im not even on his subject anymore anyways. ahaha its the battle of the lsvtecs again....
Old 07-17-2003, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

God dang it!! LS/vtec is only reliable as you build/drive it!! get it right you non-lsv users