Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ls vtec or ls

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls vtec or ls

i have a booted ls vtec eg but it ran so much better ls it wont hit vtec and ive rplaced vtec noids and re tuned what can i do im thinking ls agian cause i have a ported and polished ls head ij just needs titanium spring and retainers
Old 10-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ls vtec or ls (boost hep)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boost hep &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a booted ls vtec eg but it ran so much better ls it wont hit vtec and ive rplaced vtec noids and re tuned what can i do im thinking ls agian cause i have a ported and polished ls head ij just needs titanium spring and retainers</TD></TR></TABLE>

....uhhhh WHAT?

i THINK you have a LS-Vtec and vtec isnt engaging....did you feed oil to the head via a oil like from either a sandwich plate or tapping from the oil pressure sensor?
are you throwing any codes?
Old 10-24-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Re: ls vtec or ls (Sleepy_Red_hatch)

either way ls vtec is to overated.. just go back non vtec and boost it. sell the head.
vtec its self is a lil overated. i love the ls motor.. i got a b16a from hmotors and drove a friends ls teg and i like the ls more then the b16a.. really wasnt that much of a power difference, i love the tq the ls puts out for just being stock... its a nice motor.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:28 PM

Default Re: ls vtec or ls (eghatch16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eghatch16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">either way ls vtec is to overated.. just go back non vtec and boost it. sell the head.
vtec its self is a lil overated. i love the ls motor.. i got a b16a from hmotors and drove a friends ls teg and i like the ls more then the b16a.. really wasnt that much of a power difference, i love the tq the ls puts out for just being stock... its a nice motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lsvtec is a pretty good motor if you're looking for a nice motor with plenty of speed and a fair amount of torque for cheap, if it's built correctly. as for the OP, i have no idea what you said.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

bad ecu? low oil pressure?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:53 PM

DONT GO BACK
Old 10-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ls vtec or ls (f_cknfast)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by f_cknfast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DONT GO BACK</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree..man...if only i had a ls/vtec haha...those things pull like no other...
Old 10-25-2006, 08:37 AM

Default Re: ls vtec or ls (bmoua)

lsv give you extra 1xxx of redline, ls powerband shut off at 6999, while lsv make power after that..

your vtec is not engaging could be oil line, ecu problem,
Old 10-25-2006, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls vtec or ls (trick_db)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eghatch16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">either way ls vtec is to overated.. just go back non vtec and boost it. sell the head.
vtec its self is a lil overated. i love the ls motor.. i got a b16a from hmotors and drove a friends ls teg and i like the ls more then the b16a.. really wasnt that much of a power difference, i love the tq the ls puts out for just being stock... its a nice motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lay off the glue.

$50 says its an oil feed problem.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't compare the two

The 'teg is a heavier of a car, an LS or LS/V in a civic will blow away a B16a2 civic...

Just think of the weight diff, that plays into it A LOT...
Old 10-25-2006, 04:07 PM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eghatch16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">either way ls vtec is to overated.. just go back non vtec and boost it. sell the head.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what people without it say

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">vtec its self is a lil overated. i love the ls motor.. i got a b16a from hmotors and drove a friends ls teg and i like the ls more then the b16a.. really wasnt that much of a power difference, i love the tq the ls puts out for just being stock... its a nice motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe thats because the b16 is a torqueless turd.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls vtec or ls (sticky icky)

i have a stock block ls/vtec in a 92 hatch. it was so worth the time and money i want from just ls. u can deffently tell the differencein power. i beat a b16a2 that my friend owns, i just started pullin on him. the sock bottom end has 9.2:1 copression he had 10:1 or somehing not really shore. i would stick with what u got and try and find out the problem.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls vtec or ls (lsvtec664)

spend the money and find out whats wrong.. its not worth getting ride of the vtec head when you already sent the time and money to put it on.. garenteed its like not more that 100 to fix but if you can do it yourself you can easily go down that road also

hybrid FTW!!!

ps.. you might beat on more cars if your not using the stock ls tranny.. those gears last for days..might wanna upgrade to a p72 or a p2t tranny

Old 10-25-2006, 07:37 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: ls vtec or ls (87shytwhip)

Check your wiring from your sol to your ecu.