Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

LS/VTEC in civic help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS/VTEC in civic help

I'm looking for a little information if anyone could help. I have built an LS/VTEC for my Honda civic B18B1 and 2000 Civic SI head PR3 with intake mani. I used Golden Eagle Kit, ARP rod bolt and head studs GSR oil pump, GSR water pump, GSR timing belt, GSR fuel pump, STR block sleeve, and a colder intake manifold gasket. Im also running MSD igntion complete setup "coil, cap, msd 2 step, plug wires and 6AL" . I have a Zex Kit also that im running with Zex colder plugs. The ECU is a P28 with stock rev limit and Vtec control. And adjustable AEM cam gears. So i completed my project and did everything to torque specs. Well this is what is wrong and i need help on. It ran good for a little still on the jack stands. Well next time I started it gas was coming out of the intake mani when i turned it off. So i took the valve cover off and smelled like gas mix in the head with the oil and i pulled the plugs out and seen gas in the chambers on top of the pistons. This was also the first time I have set my valve clearances on a head after putting the cams back in. I don't know if the wrong or something but i cant understand how gas could of got into the head. If you can help or anyone I would greatly appreciate the help.
Old 04-25-2004, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS/VTEC in civic help (lsvtec95)

you could have a leak in the fuel rail area/injectors area...check to see if all seals and gaskets are there and are in good condition...not quite sure how u r gettin fuel in your head...but maybe somethin with the way u set ur valves...so maybe its suckin in the gas on the intake cycle...just my guess...but might help
Old 04-25-2004, 02:48 PM
ABK
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS/VTEC in civic help (hair_rice)

Is your timing right? Also you have MSD inginition step 2 I don't know what that is, but maybe you need to set it up right. Also maybe your coil went dead. And the whole gas inside the head mixed with oil thing, maybe your vavle seals let the fuel go thru because maybe your timing is off, or other more likely explanation is that your headgasket is leaking.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:05 PM

Help.... Please