Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

LS/Vtec and Block Squirters...Anybody done it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS/Vtec and Block Squirters...Anybody done it?

I know I should have posted this in the Hybrid Forum, but I'm always in here and I usually get more responds.

The Q is: On GSR engines there are block squirters that shoot oil on the bottom of the pistons when Vtec engages. On LS they are not there, well cuz theres no Vtec of course. Would it be a waste of money to get the block drilled and tap to install the block squirters or not? Has anyone done it? If, so can I get some info. I just don't want my rings and pistons from overheating and burning out over a period of time. Thanks to all who respond.
Old 02-19-2004, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LS/Vtec and Block Squirters...Anybody done it? (CrazyCiv)

You mean the oil squirters let oil pass through them when engine oil pressure overcomes the check valve in the squirters......basically Vtec engaugment has nothing to do with the oil squirter operation.

The squirters direct oil to the oem pistons to remove excess heat as well as add some cylinder lubrication. The heat being carried away is the main function....the pistons in result last longer in higher rpm/power engines.
If I had to weigh the cost of installing oil squirters in an LS block versus just using forged pistons(which can handle more heat than oem pistons).....I'd go with the forged pistons every time.
It all boils down to how much money do you wanna spend, do you track race the car alot, etc. If you wanna install them go for it, they will not be a disadvantage.

Someone posted up a great thread with pictures of an LS block with oil squirters installed in it. Keep an eye out for it.