Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ls turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls turbo questions

well i recently had a gsr motor, but then i got bored of it and now im bout to swap a ls to my ek, but im wondering how mcuh money is a turbo kit for an ls? and would it produce good numbers for a stock motor?

Old 10-09-2006, 03:49 AM
a/k/a Jomo

Default Re: ls turbo questions (EK SQUAD 425)

You got bored with a GSR engine, so you are swapping to an LS engine? Sorry just trying to see how the all mighty LS is going to bring that fulfillment back into your life. So why are not just boosting the C1?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:41 PM

ebay special kits, my buddy has an ls and he's boosting 8psi on a t3/t4 turbo on stock fuel system and he pushing about 225 whp with torque of 187
Old 10-12-2006, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (oneup)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by oneup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ebay special kits, my buddy has an ls and he's boosting 8psi on a t3/t4 turbo on stock fuel system and he pushing about 225 whp with torque of 187 </TD></TR></TABLE>

Die.

I know people that are putting out twice that on a Y8 SOHC.

Ebay kits suck. Go read around the FI forum.

You can't say "there's not enough information on the internet"

Search.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:55 PM
That's SFW right?

Default Re: ls turbo questions (Mr Hammond)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr Hammond &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You got bored with a GSR engine, so you are swapping to an LS engine? Sorry just trying to see how the all mighty LS is going to bring that fulfillment back into your life. So why are not just boosting the C1?</TD></TR></TABLE>
exactly. why would you swap a GSR for a LS??? there really is no logic in that, you should have just boosted the GSR.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Die.

I know people that are putting out twice that on a Y8 SOHC.

Ebay kits suck. Go read around the FI forum.

You can't say "there's not enough information on the internet"

Search.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah great for people you know I hope their motors last, I'm just helping the guy out by suggesting looking on ebay if he's on a budjet with his stock motor so boosting about 8psi on stock internals and fuel system and producing 225whp is good and safe.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (oneup)

I HAVE read on the FI forum and some of them are saying their ebay turbo are really holding up (i.e. XSpower.) Not sure about a full KIT though.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (bpkmrtoes)

boost the gsr
Old 10-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ive got their manifold, and dump tube.... not TOO bad, im not gonna buy another one.

you can find a DECENT kit no here for like 1200... i got my used greddy kit for my LS 2 years ago on here for 1000 bucks.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (slambedcivic)

I've seen the SSAutocrap kits hold up but the turbos are laggy and the seals go out quickly and if you want that manifold to last you better brace both the turbo and the W.G. or she's going to crack. Even then the welds at the flanges or collector will eventually start cracking thanks to the crappy made in korea welds. Once you get done moding the thing to make her work reliably you could have purchased yourself a 425 Garrett turbo from Blaast perfomance and a cheap used turbo mani from the good folks here on the Honda-tech.com classifieds.

As for the ssautocrap WG's I've been told they work well and I have a local guy run one for almost a year with no problems but I wouldn't trust it, a blown engine a bit more expensive than a trusty Tial.

Piece a kit yourself, if you research and wait for the deals I've seen people put together a kit for as little as 1,500 + the tune. Hell a guy on gvillecrew.com boosted a CRX for 500 bucks by asking people for their old crap and what he had lying around. The DSM side mount used as a FMIC was quite a sight but the kit only lasted a week or so. You really get what you pay for.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (dohcdelsol93)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dohcdelsol93 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've seen the SSAutocrap kits hold up but the turbos are laggy and the seals go out quickly </TD></TR></TABLE>

Most people in the FI section recommend that you need an oil restrictor if you plan to buy a cheaper turbo. SSauto is XSpower and vise versa from what i heard... alot of bigger turbos are laggy...
Old 10-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bpkmrtoes &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Most people in the FI section recommend that you need an oil restrictor if you plan to buy a cheaper turbo. SSauto is XSpower and vise versa from what i heard... alot of bigger turbos are laggy... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I run a reducer on my Garrett, there are a few turbos out there that do not require a reducer like the precision tubos but I'd check with the manufacturer. The SS autocraps are modeled after the Garretts and as far as I know most Garretts need reducers. My t3/t4 only wants @35psi at WOT. I'm aware that the bigger the turbo the more lag it has but becuase of an inferior design, comparing the same size garrett to the same size SS they are laggy.