Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ls swap questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls swap questions

hey guys i just got an ls swap done to my 99 civic hb. and i have some questions. one question is under the plastic of the cams there is a hole cut out where there is a bolt into the block. is that normal.
a sensor on the intake manifold on the drivers side has no sensor going into it. whats up with that..is there supposed to be one going into it?
where does the first o2 sensor by the exhaust manifold go. i dont see any holes for it.
also could you guys give me some pics of what a 98 ls engine looks like. the more detail the better.
thanks for the help

Old 06-07-2002, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls swap questions (phatcivic99)

If the hole was cut there, someone didn't want to take the cover off to replace the mount. Someone cut a hole so it would be easier to bolt the mount in. To take the cover off you need to remove the crankshaft pulley. The sensor on the manifold is the iat. It could be on your intake pipe or in the manifold where the original sensor is. I also put mine in the intake pipe so it reads colder air and just left the teg one in the manifold. Don't know what you mean by the 02 sensor.
Old 06-07-2002, 06:08 PM

Default Re: ls swap questions (97hb)

ok thanks
by the header there is a wire that looks like it is some kind of sensor. the tip is round and has little holes in it. it also plugs into a connector.
ok let me explan it better it looks like a peice that would go into somewhere and then it has like 4 wires connected to it and then at the other end of the sensor it connects to the wiring harness. it looks like it goes into the header or something i dont know. the reason i say that it looks like it would go into the header is because it is in that general area. and it was laying by the header when i found it.
i also think the sensor on the intake manifold is the intake heat sensor and my cx engine didnt have that so i will have to run a plug into it and tow wires into the ecu.
am i right or wrong.
thanks for you help
Old 06-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ls swap questions (phatcivic99)

ok thanks
by the header there is a wire that looks like it is some kind of sensor. the tip is round and has little holes in it. it also plugs into a connector.
ok let me explan it better it looks like a peice that would go into somewhere and then it has like 4 wires connected to it and then at the other end of the sensor it connects to the wiring harness. it looks like it goes into the header or something i dont know. the reason i say that it looks like it would go into the header is because it is in that general area. and it was laying by the header when i found it.
i also think the sensor on the intake manifold is the intake heat sensor and my cx engine didnt have that so i will have to run a plug into it and tow wires into the ecu.
am i right or wrong.
thanks for you help
on the header, you're more than likely looking at the O2 sensor....
Old 06-08-2002, 09:08 AM

Default Re: ls swap questions (hot_EF)

ok thanks