Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

LS Swap in EG Running rough..... NEED MAJOR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Swap in EG Running rough..... NEED MAJOR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

Hey what's up. Anywayz. I just finished my LS swap into my 92 Hatch. It is all stock except for my Golden eagle fuel rail, and AEM FPR, and an AN Braided stainless line from the rail to the stock fuel filter. Anywho. I go and start it up, and it seems to be running really rough, and I knew it shouldn't be that rough. So I start to go over things and tighten loose bolts and slap a new TB gasket on it and some of those things, so I take it around the block and it seems like it is breaking up a little. I take my time and go over everything. I even reset the timing again for the third time. Then again later on for the 4 th time, and got it dead on and had 2 friends hold each cam gear so they dont move. So I finally call it a day. Next day I get up start working on the car and I find that the injector tips(plastic on the bottom of the injector) is all gone and rotted away, so I hit the Junk yard and go get some Integra B18B injectors. I soak them in gas for about an hour oo so to lube em all back up and ready to use. I then remove the old ones and replace them with the ones I got from the junk yard. Still I see no change in what i s going on. So I start the motor and begin to pull the plug wires on each cylinder to see if it affects how it runs. going from left to right i pull them off and I notice that the 4th one (closest to the timing belt) really doesn't make a change in how it is running at all. So I naturally narrowed it down to that cylinder right!? Well I then go on and swap the plugs from one cylidner to another......Nothing same result........I go tot he Auto store and buy a new set of plug wires to be sure it wasn't those......Nothing again.....NO change. Then I go back and change the cap and rotor, cause I am not sure maybe there is something wrong with one of them. Again Nothing changes in how the motor runs. I rev the engine to about 4-5k and hold it there and the engine is breaking up sometimes and drops down in the RPM range low and then it will like pick back up to what I had it at( I wasn't moving my foot on the gas at all). So I say to my self that "HMM maybe it the distributer" I got to the auto store and buy a distributer brand new and it STILL changes nothing on how the car runs. Still runs rough. So I start to think maybe this is how the car is running cause it is open header. So i go to my friends house to run his 91 integra with LS and LS tranny, and that thing runs smooooooottthhhh. SO I KNOW for a fact that something is up with my car. Then next I take of the AEM FPR cause I don't know if it is pushing to much or to little PSI cause I have no gauge on it. SO I put back on a stock regulator, and it STILL changes nothing. Onto the next, I did a compression test and got 183-207-210-185 so I can't figure what the hell the dela is and it is driving me up a wall. I have exhausted almost every resource I can, I don't want to pull the head right now unless I KNOW for a fact it has a bent valve or w/e. But I am not sure how to check for that and I figured that a compression test would show a bent valve....OR maybe not IDK someone correct me if I am wrong. If there is anyway to check for a bent valve PLEASE let me know. Anywaz thanks for reading all of this and PLEASE if you have any comments or suggestions to Help let me know ASAP! Thanks Ahead of time.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:55 PM

Default Re: LS Swap in EG Running rough..... NEED MAJOR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!! ($ISELLTOU4LESS$)

Anyone?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS Swap in EG Running rough..... NEED MAJOR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!! ($ISELLTOU4LESS$)

1 do you have any check engine lights 2 on the 92 civics the map sensor si wired directly into the car on a wire sensor is firewall mounted near the fuel filter did you reuse this or did you use the one on the throttle body either is fine but if you use the one on the throttle body you dont use the plug on the engine harness you use the one off the firewall
Old 04-12-2007, 09:13 PM

Default Re: LS Swap in EG Running rough..... NEED MAJOR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!! (hybridmath)

NO I have no check engine lights at all, one reason I am stumped. And I used the Map sensor wire off of the engine harness, because my car doesn't have a map sensor wire on the fire wall, this car is a Canadian VX. SO idk if they are different. I used the map sensor off the TB, but because my LS TB didn't have a place for a MAP on it, I ran a vacuum line to the intake manifold where it had a vacuum connection.

THe D16Y7 was running fine in the car, so its gotta abe something with the motor right!? I mean I plugged all the plugs in on the ECU so idk.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS Swap in EG Running rough..... NEED MAJOR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!! (hybridmath)

sorry for the confusion cant type tonight
Old 04-12-2007, 09:15 PM

SO any other ideas?
Old 04-12-2007, 09:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

which harness are you using nd what year is the engine
b18a b18b
Old 04-12-2007, 09:25 PM

B18B Harness is the same one I used form the D16Y& , Caus eI have a PO6 ECU i was running on it with a DIff intake manifold with 2 wire IACV, and OBD1 dizzy. It is the same harness as the LS. LS is jsut a regular ol' OBD1 harenss.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

check to make sure that your injector clips are pushed down i have had the same problem before didnt realize the clip was missing and it was coming unplugged
Old 04-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

what computer are you running ???? po6
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 PM

P75 Computer.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:37 PM

Got all the clips on the injectors and they are all clipped on.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

did you check the o2 sensor wiring? the vx model comes with a d15z1 which is vtec-e, it uses a wideband o2 with a 5 wire lead. if you used the same harness with the wideband o2 the p75 ecu would not be getting correct or any reading from the o2. there are plenty of write ups that show how to convert from 5 to 4 wire o2s on the board. hope this helps-anthony
Old 04-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DOHCvTEC96)

that only matters if he used the vx harness hes using ls harness
Old 04-13-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: (hybridmath)

Yea I am using the Ls harness, and everything plugged in like it plugged in on the D16Y7 , except there is one 2 wire grey plug left over that is near the BARO sensor input on the intake manifold. I didn't think this one needed to be used so I didn't plug it in. (the extra 2 wire grey plug Everything plugged right in on the harness, and the harness plugged right in on LS motor and plugged right into everything on my car. So any otehr suggestons? Can anyone get me a pic of an LS harness maybe!?

PS I have a 4 wire O2 sensor on the car and it plugged right in.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:32 AM

Bump!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:11 PM

ttt for answers
Old 04-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

tps and map sensor plugs plugged in backwards switch them that what i think anyways
Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: LS Swap in EG Running rough..... NEED MAJOR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!! (EKlscoupe_98)

NAh, ITs not that, because the TPS is the shorter of the 2 plugs. BEsides that fact, it wouldn't even start if those 2 plugs were backwards.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok the car will start and run the ideal will be a little higher. then when you rev on it it will go prolly to 3500 4000 then they tach will drop and the motor breaks up and the two plugs easily reach each other and i get mixed up all the time on swap i just switch them and good to go
Old 04-14-2007, 04:44 PM

Default Re: LS Swap in EG Running rough..... NEED MAJOR HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!! (EKlscoupe_98)

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!

The problem was the fact that a few of the cam caps weren't tightened down enough by the guy who owned the motor last, and when i was adjusting the valves AGAIN, i noticed a few bolts loose, and the caps lifted i would say about2-3 caps lifted on the intake side. I tighten them all back down, adjust valves, and VoilLA it runs like a champ. I changed out to a 2000 Si TB with the Map sensor on the TB so there will be no problems with that, but otehr than that it runs like a champ !!!!!!!!