Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ls motor bogging down and lagging at low rpms

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls motor bogging down and lagging at low rpms

hey guys im really stuck here and i need some help. at low rpms my motor will kinda lag like you will step on the gas and nothing will happen then like 1 second later it will kick in and acclerate. i just replaced the spark plug wires, im about to go replace the rotor and cap and the plugs look fine. Some people have suggest to me it could be a fuel problem which would explain why im still getting a slight gas smell at times. I had a fuel injector leak which i fixed but im still smelling the gas slightly about 2 weeks later plus i washed my engine bay. any suggestions to look at? im afraid its going to be some really stupid vaccum hose or something thats not connected properly from my swap but i really need to figure this out its bugging me. I can go take some pics of the motor so you guys can see if everything is connected properly but hopefully its ignition and my replacement of the rotor and cap will help. the only thing i was slightly concerned about was the fuel pressure regulator that i had to use from my d15 becuase the LS motor didn;t have one on it. let me know what you guys think thanks.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ls motor bogging down and lagging at low rpms (fitbmx86)

You have to remember that, when you do a swap to a bigger motor, you need to upgrade injector and fuel pump. So if you haven't done these steps, be careful with the car running lean, which causes bogging due to lack of fuel. I just solved my problem with my D16, I had the bogging issuse, I ended up replacing the fuel filter the car pulled way harder then before. Most people don't replace the fuel filter regularly like they should and its alway the cheapest thing over looked. Also check you timing, make sure you dead on the money.