Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Lowering springs being a pain

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lowering springs being a pain

Hey all, well i just got these lowering springs for my 00 ek and when i bought the car, it came with eibach sportlines lowering springs, well it wasnt sitting as low as i wanted so i dropped in some regular coilovers and yesterday, as i tryd to take everything out, i installed them on the strut and as im putting it back in, i bolt on the top 2 nuts but as im trying to put the bottom part of the strut in to the fork, its a pain in the ***, well after some cussing words and cutting the **** out of my arm(from trying to push the rotors down with my arms)i cant seem to push the fork/strut up so i can bolt on the fork, in other words, i cant bolt on the fork, but i could do this before on and off before i put the coilovers on, can any one help me with that......Thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lowering springs being a pain

Use a jack and jack it into place. Then all the bolts just slide in. Or grab some buddies and have hem lift the rotor and you slide the bolt in.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well the fork sits about an inch,probly less, from the area of the fork where the bolt has to go threw.......i tried jacking the fork up to compress the strut but the strut just moves and it kinda kicks out......do i need to just jack the the whole lower control arm to compress the strut?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Remove the lower ball joint nut and possibly the swaybar endlink to give the arm more slack to fall down. You might need to use a mallet to tap the shock body into the fork.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by si_motor_spt
well the fork sits about an inch,probly less, from the area of the fork where the bolt has to go threw.......i tried jacking the fork up to compress the strut but the strut just moves and it kinda kicks out......do i need to just jack the the whole lower control arm to compress the strut?
Yes, that's what I've done and it worked.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i try that,thanks guys, any more inputs?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

doing by yourself is always a pain. the jack idea is good. since you got coilovers you could crank it down then readjust after you install it.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the thing is, im putting on lowering springs so its a little taller now(the whole strut assembly).....
Old 06-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

rears, drop the lower control arm from where it meets the trailing arm bolt the strut to the lca and jack it back into the trailing arm.

front, drop the lower balljoint attach the strut to the lca then jack back into place..

make sure you losely bolt the upper mounts in so they stay in place. for both front and rear. if you have any other problems dont be afriad to pm me.

i just reread what u said and it looks like you left the front strut fork attached to the lca, if so you need to pull it from the lca mount it to the strut and then drop the lower balljoint and install.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:06 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by si_motor_spt
Hey all, well i just got these lowering springs for my 00 ek and when i bought the car, it came with eibach sportlines lowering springs, well it wasnt sitting as low as i wanted so i dropped in some regular coilovers and yesterday, as i tryd to take everything out, i installed them on the strut and as im putting it back in, i bolt on the top 2 nuts but as im trying to put the bottom part of the strut in to the fork, its a pain in the ***, well after some cussing words and cutting the **** out of my arm(from trying to push the rotors down with my arms)i cant seem to push the fork/strut up so i can bolt on the fork, in other words, i cant bolt on the fork, but i could do this before on and off before i put the coilovers on, can any one help me with that......Thanks
Sorry but I really can't help with this one BUT I would like to give you what I do think abot coilovers. Coilovers are the **** when it comes to racing or track us but that's it. Other then that strut and spring combo well always be the bests for the street and still playing it safe. But other then that good luck with your car.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Master Detailer

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruckus2009
Sorry but I really can't help with this one BUT I would like to give you what I do think abot coilovers. Coilovers are the **** when it comes to racing or track us but that's it. Other then that strut and spring combo well always be the bests for the street and still playing it safe. But other then that good luck with your car.
This is not true.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

coilovers are the best for adjustable ride height, period. an additional level of control is to get adjustable perch shocks like yellow konis so you can have even more control over your suspension setup.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks guys for all this input,wideload, i try that method,i'll do this tommarrow, thanks guys....