Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Lowered Alignment...

Old 04-29-2003, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered Alignment...

Ok. Installed GC's and ingall's in the front, bolt's and washers in the back. Dropped about 2.75 in front and 2.5 in rear. On AGX's! i know i know. But i love those shocks. wouldn't have it any other way. Anywizzle, Where'd you guys get your lowered cars aligned. And im talking 2in.+ drop. I could put my new 16's on and get it aligned cuz right now its still on steelies, but im sure those clamps on my wheels wouldn't be too nice on my pol. lips. I've been to a few already and they said they couldn't get it on the rack. And yes they actually tried. Just tell me what chains or places in the east you got it done. TIA
Old 04-29-2003, 09:36 AM

Default Re: Lowered Alignment... (98Hatch00)

I would say that you may have to go to a speciality shop that deals with high performance or raise your car up some.

Its also better to get it aligned with the wheels that you are going to put on there already on the vehicle.

Not alot of chains will want to touch a car thats lowered because most feel like the car will never be properly aligned or something.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:41 AM
Boba Connoisseur

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have to go to a race shop for cars lowered that much.

Camber isn't too bad that low, maybe -2.5 degrees or so. No big deal.

Just zero out the toe and you'll be fine.
Old 04-29-2003, 09:48 AM

where are you located 98hatch? I work at a tire and wheel center and we have one of the best, if not the best, alignment tech. around. We're located in new jersey though. And you don't need the 16's on there, it won't make much of a difference if you have the steelies on or the 16's.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Lowered Alignment... (SoOn2B_EG)

sorry dude. Im in NE pa unfortunately. I guess i'll have to throw the 16's on there. does anyone think that they'll damage them tho? I just don't trust em. Thanks for all the responses. Mike D
Old 04-30-2003, 07:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 98Hatch00 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does anyone think that they'll damage them tho? I just don't trust em. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Show up with the wheels and honestly ask them what they think. If it is a good shop they will be honest.

You might have to note your wheel fender to ground heights at the level you like.....then raise the car to get it on the rack.....lower it to your measurements......align it......raise it up again....remove from rack....then restore to the lowered level.

Dang that is alot of work......I'm so glad I'm not into the extreamly lowered look for my car. 1.5" is just fine for me.
Old 04-30-2003, 07:58 AM

Default Re: Lowered Alignment... (SLPR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SLPR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Dang that is alot of work......I'm so glad I'm not into the extreamly lowered look for my car. 1.5" is just fine for me.</TD></TR></TABLE> AHHHH yes. Tis both a gift and a curse i suffer from. Whatever that means. I don't think they'll allow me to touch it on their rack tho. Thats a liability which most shops don't like. They don't know that I know about cars really cuz i never go to any... And im def not paying them to turn an allen bolt and turn the collar right. Well, I'll let you guys know what i decide. I'll stop by there today. Thanks again