Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Lower motor mount brackets, need some quick help....

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower motor mount brackets, need some quick help....

hey guys,

as most of you know i am getting ready to boost in the near future (3-4 months). i am making sure however that everything else is perfect under the hood before i actually do it. just recently i had an axle replaced and to my suprise, there were 2 motor mounts missing. I ain't shitting you. Anyways, i need to know exactly what they are called. I am not talking about the pillow motor mounts (ie: rear and sides), i am talking about the motor mount brackets that connect the block to the chassis and the tranny to the chassis UNDERNEATH, not on the sides like the pillow mount.

They look like L brackets kind of, but i just called Honda Parts and they had no idea what i was talking about. I have a b16 swapped in a del sol so i asked parts/service about the 94-95 DOHC VTEC Del Sol. They couldn't find the parts i was talking about so that has left me here.

Once again, the brackets connect at the bottom of the block and then connect to the chassis while the other one connects from the bottom of the tranny to the chassis. I need exact terminology guys so honda knows what i am talking about.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: O and if anyone has pics to post too that would be great. If no one still knows what i am talking about, i will put my car in the air tonight and take pics to post tomorrow. Just need help asap. thanks
Old 01-05-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Lower motor mount brackets, need some quick help.... (CALIdelsolSIR)

bump, need some quick help
Old 01-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Lower motor mount brackets, need some quick help.... (CALIdelsolSIR)

Tranny: 50841-SR3-N10 (Number 13 in the pic)
AC: 50842-SR3-N10 (number 14 in the pic)

Is that what your talking about?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:06 PM

Default Re: Lower motor mount brackets, need some quick help.... (Luserkid)

#15 and #1 look like what i am talking about. Are those parts the ones that bolt directly to the block and tranny ?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:09 PM

luser kid, here is part of what i need. http://www.jimfab.com/ i need the brackets that connect to those. just need the names. thanks
Old 01-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sadly the link you sent me just goes to his website. Go to a pictue and right click and go to propertise, then copy and paste the link.

But 15 is lower tranny bracket and 1 is AC bracket. Really you dont need those 2 there just torque mounts. If you get solid mounts they replace those all together.

If you need a 15 i think i have one laying around in my garage somewhere if your interested, just pick it up.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sadly the link you sent me just goes to his website. Go to a pictue and right click and go to propertise, then copy and paste the link.

But 15 is lower tranny bracket and 1 is AC bracket. Really you dont need those 2 there just torque mounts. If you get solid mounts they replace those all together.

If you need a 15 i think i have one laying around in my garage somewhere if your interested, just pick it up. </TD></TR></TABLE>

it is for a b series. I just feel there would be more support since it is a swap.

So i don't need those, where can i get solid mounts ??

this is the picture i was talking about.

If the picture still doesn't work, it is on that website under mounts. the one for the civic and teg.

thanks for the help
Old 01-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Those are solid torque mounts. you would use those if you want solid mounts and keep you AC, i would figure anyway.

People that make solid mounts are hasport, full-race, guys like that.

http://hasport.com/Products/Mo...K.htm

Old 01-05-2006, 04:29 PM

here is the thing luserkid,

i don't have ac or ps. When i was getting my axle replaced, i noticed that those brackets/mounts were just completely missing. do you suggest putting lower motor mounts in or just leaving it how it is ? i have had no problems without them, just the axle pulling out which i heard could be caused because there are no torque mounts. I don't need to replace the rear and side motor mounts, just the two front lower.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pmed i have both of those brackets u need
Old 01-05-2006, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Lower motor mount brackets, need some quick help.... (dcsports)

pmed back.

shoot me pics, either on the thread or steve.mcvey@gmail.com
Old 01-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Lower motor mount brackets, need some quick help.... (dcsports)

Oh i thought the majority of this thread was you looking for new mounts.

The axle popping out shouldnt be caused by that, you should you had the retaining ring in there?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:38 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luserkid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Oh i thought the majority of this thread was you looking for new mounts.

The axle popping out shouldnt be caused by that, you should you had the retaining ring in there? </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, and it still popped out on launch. it still drove but was CRAZY SHAKING. weird huh ??? it popped out about 3/4", and driving back from LACR it wore the axle and needed to be replaced. it was sad, the axle was brand new (not remanufactured) and was only like 3 months old. o well.

yeah, i am looking for those 2 brackets, i just want to make sure i am 100% sure i get the correct part and don't go fishing.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

pic sent
Old 01-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That is pretty weird. Your sure it sits 100% flush with the tranny? When you put the axle in were you able to pull it out by hand?

You replaced it with a new one im guessing so with this new axle check if theres play in the tranny with it. Also make sure nothing is blocking the way for the axle to sit right. Other then that i dont have a clue why it did that.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:45 AM

sorry to bring this back from the dead, just wondering if you ever did put those mounts in and where you ended up getting them from. I have the ac mount in my car, but i dont have the tranny mount on. I tried several different mounts and i never got it to line up.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lower motor mount brackets, need some quick help.... (92-LS-Civic)

just get some poly urthane motor mount inserts and you dont have to run the 2 brackets. plus its stiffer and helps, less engine rocking. but if you are going to use the brackets you use #15 and 1 from a integra and #13 and 14 from a civic. it will bolt right up