Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Loose Rocker Arms on my B18B?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loose Rocker Arms on my B18B?

So at the begining of summer, I purchased an LS motor an tran's from a local junk yard, and I've just been accumlating parts until I could complete my swap.

Well the other day, I decided to take the valve cover off just to take a peek. Well, when I do, two of the rocker arms have come loose, and are just sitting in the head. Like, I pulled them both out with my fingers. None of the other ones will come out? Why are these like this?

What could cause this? Keep in mind this motor only has 45K on it, an the whole head is still silver looking an not brown an dingy. Thanks for all the help!
Old 09-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Loose Rocker Arms on my B18B? (Brian Hinson)

At any given time in the engine's rotation you should be able to wiggle a few of the rockers simply because of the cams' positioning. Do you mean they were actually loose enough that you removed them from their pedestals? As in took them completely out of the head?

If so, that's odd. Make sure you do a valve job before putting that thing in your car.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:35 AM

Yea, like when I took the valve cover off, they were already off the pedestals, I just pulled them outa the motor. The motor was in a wrecked car, and I'm pretty sure it was hit pretty hard...

Do you think it could have jarred them loose or something?... An to fix it, should I just put them back in place an check for any valve problems?
Old 09-08-2006, 08:05 PM

Bump...

I kinda need help! lol, Im not sure what to do.. no other rockers are just able to be pulled out, what do i need to do to get these stuck back on there pedestals or w/e...

an do you think the valves are bent?... gah, that would suck... I took the timin belt cover off, and the OEM honda belt is still on it... an if you turn the crank everythin works fine, its just those two rocker arms that have some how come loose

I guess I just basically need to know what I need to do to fix this?